Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

both DSs have/had one (DS2 has 2). They didn't attach til after 1 year old. DS1 slept with his til he was 6. DS2 is 5 and is still strongly attached to his taggy blanket.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I tried to get DS to attach to a specific lovey (smallish blanket with a stuffed head in the middle). He was not impressed, however, at about 14 months old we let him have a blanket in his PNP when we were up north and it was cold. He is obsessed with it and he found the extra one that I purchased to rotate with it and it is not quite the same as the first one but now he has to have both, but is still more attached to the first "original" blanket.

HTH
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

DD1 was introduced to her lovey after her first birthday, so I don't think you're too late. She's 5 1/2 now and still sleeps with it every night- we accidentally left it in a hotel last year and she was devastated . Thankfully the cleaning staff had found it and kindly mailed it back to us.

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kaharris83 View Post
    DS1 never attached to anything despite my attempts to attach him to several things.
    Ds1 never had one. DS2, despite attempts to attach to the classic pooh bought for DS1, has so far only shown an interest in a Trump Kids pig (yes, as in Donald). He tries to latch on to piggy's snout
    shannon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another Queen of the House of Boys:
    DS#1 2003
    DS#2 my mother's day gift 2012
    DH
    Mikey, the cat and rhinestone-collared, pink-leashed Schatze, our Rottweiler girl

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Ok, is it crazy to go to BuyBuyBaby and see what the 8 month old wants? LOL. I plan on holding them up and see what he grabs.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Neither of my DDs had/have loveys despite my attempts to get them into Dream Angel animal blankets, small stuffed friends, etc. To this day the 5yo and 3yo both rotate what 5 things are in bed at night. It changes with their mood.

Ms B is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The Biscuit attached to his lovey, a bunny from Ikea ("Vandring Hare" per the tag, called "Fiver" in our house), at about nine months. I have no idea why that bunny was "it" as opposed to any of the other blankets, animals, stuffed toys, etc. that were around the house (and we had been trying to get him to attach to something for about 90 days at that point so we had a good assortment); it just was.

We have since gotten two more identical bunnies from Ikea (thanks Mom for mailing them!!). I rotate one of the additional bunnies with the original every couple weeks when they start to smell and put them through the wash to keep them fresh.

The third bunny is our "stunt bunny" who hides just in case something happens to one of the others. And of course we make sure that The Biscuit only can see one of the bunnies at a time so that we avoid what a friend of ours calls "rips in the space time continuum".
    DS - "The Biscuit" 8/11
    Forever ours 4/12!

DD1's lovey is a teddy bear. I got her a lovey blanket which she never really attached to, but when she was about 20 months a friend of mine gave her a bear (it is a big sister bear b/c I was pg with DD2) and she just fell in love with it. She sleeps with it every night. So, no, 7 months is not too late. I don't think there is anything you can do to force it.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2