Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Can we talk about loveys?

Does your DC have one? When did you introduce it? Is there a way to get them to attach to a certain one other than just bringing it out at bedtime? (maybe sleeping with it so it smells like me?)

Am I too late to get him to attach to one at 7 months? Any suggestions for specific ones for a 7 month old? My DDs have Gund Comfy Cozy Cows and they love them and have a couple new ones saved for DS but I think he is too little for something so plush and big. We have the A&A issies but he doesn't care for them...not huggable enough.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Neither of mine had 1 and they didn't miss it. At some point, ds2 started latching onto various items for short term- including a plastic hammer, Wii instruction books and other non cuddly items.

mik8 is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I gave this one (see below) to my DD when she was 8 mos.old. Somehow she just got attached to it. Now she's 9 and she still has it and has been with her in our travels to other countries. In fact, it has never left her side at nighttime and when she's feeling under the weather. It's been stitched in several spots (courtesy to our mutt furry family member) and has lost its puffiness over the course of years. It smells (ick!), but it really comforts her. I have an extra one just in case. I honestly do not know what will happen if she loses this one.

http://www.amazon.com/North-American.../dp/B001569S88

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DS1 never attached to anything despite my attempts to attach him to several things.
    DS1 July 2010
    DS2 November 2012

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kaharris83 View Post
    DS1 never attached to anything despite my attempts to attach him to several things.

Neither DD has a lovey. I tried various taggies and snuggle blankets. Each girl kind of rotates through various stuffed friends.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

DS1 attached very quickly to his lovey - I think I started letting him have it in his crib around 5-6 months. DS2 had several in his crib from the start and went through a brief phase where he kept one under each armpit but now he doesn't want anything to do with them. He now sleeps with a golf ball in each hand. Yes, you read that right...

tmahanes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I think i started B about 2 or 3 months. He has to have these to sleep http://hmandbb.com/lamb-wuvee.html he pretty much only wants then when he sleeps and now has to have at least three at a time. I rotated them from the start so i could wash them. He chews on the ears so washing is a must. He has the lambs monkeys puppies and doesn't like the horse. he rubs the ears of the ones he is not chewing on it is pretty amusing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    Tara

DS - B 2/10

Dr C is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

We had many lovey "candidates" but both kids picked one and got really attached to it after a year of age. Both have blankets (crib size; DS's is fleece with fringe and DD's is hand-crocheted). I am a HUGE lovey fan--those blankets are such a godsend when the kids are upset, scared, etc.
    My sweet boy 8/06
    My beautiful girl 10/09

okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DS1 never developed an attachment to one.

DS2 has one and it acts as an awesome sleep que for him. It stays in his crib for the most part and he snuggles it to sleep

lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DS slept in his carseat for the first many months of his life. to make it more comfortable, i had basically attached one of the angel dear lovies to the back - flat against where his head would go, so his head was always resting on it. and he would turn his face to snuggle into it. as he got older, i guess he was already familiar with the feel, so this just naturally became his lovey. i had bought a whole bunch and rotated them each week so they could be washed. so they are all equally worn and i still wash one each week and give him a new one on sunday.

as DD is also a sleeping-upright baby, i've done the same with her - she rests her head on an angel dear lovey tacked into the RNP. and she totally turns her face into it. if we're out and she's getting fussy, i can usually help her calm just a little bit by taking out one of her blankets and rubbing her face with it.

i can't remember the age at which i allowed DS to have the blanket free & loose. at what age would you allow your DC to sleep with a lovey without worrying? they size is probably about 12"x12"
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast