Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Thomas help- what is this bridge piece?

We have the IKEA figure 8 set for 2.5 yo dd which has been a big hit as of late. She has 2 Thomas trains that she loves but she gets cought up on the fact that she cannot make the trains go under the bridge and i think it limits her play. I thought I might get her a new piece or two to add on but not make our collection big since we have NO WHERE to put this stuff. (Seriously where does one put this stuff?! I love it though)

At the bookstore she loves the train set, specifically the bridge part- I cannot find this anywhere online, it is a red colored "open" type bridge . . .i have seen something like it in a Melissa and Doug swivel bridge train set. It is not the Thomas suddery swing bridge though that does look cool.

1. Do the Thomas tracks fit with the ikea tracks so that dd could do it herself?
    2. Does anyone know what this red bridge is? Hoping to buy it on its own.

I thought about buying the Melissa and Doug set because I read that fits with Thomas but am really not wanting to have a huge train collection with nowhere to put it. But man is it cute.

Thanks in advance!

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have a lot of track that I bought off CL in one purchase - all kinds as far as I can tell. I originally had the Ikea figure 8, but gave it away as it didn't fit all of the various track I got off CL.
    Do you mean something like this for the red bridge?

We have several of these types of bridges, but I don't know the brand.
    DS 2/09

We have ikea track and have found them compatible with everything else we own including Melissa and Doug and Thomas. Thomas is my favorite track because the end pieces are wooden not plastic, the straight pieces flip around to be roads, and the track has etching that looks like railroad ties. We've had several M&D track pieces break, but it might just have been bad luck.

It's too bad the Ikea bridges are too low for other trains because I love the design otherwise. Sorry I don't know that red bridge.

larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

is it the rumblin' bridge?
    L, mommy to my one and only, super-sweet boy, G 6/08

I'm pro-big bird, and I vote.

That is awesome but no. This is something much smaller and shorter. About 1-2 cars can fit on it at a time. It is an open top. It is small.

I have checked cl for Thomas tracks and I cannot believe what people are asking. Literally 500 for a table and set! Yes it is huge and looks great but I was floored. The cl where I live is terrible though. There are so few people who have nice stuff that when they are selling the nice stuff it goes quickly and for a high price.

Thanks though!

Quote Originally Posted by larig View Post
    No but this might be similar to what she would like. Maybe this set at the store is super old. The people there did not know how to get the piece either.

I am now realizing though that this piece is elevated like the rumbling bridge which means I am going to need stuff /tracks to make it work. Oh lord it never ends.

Is it like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    We have ikea track and have found them compatible with everything else we own including Melissa and Doug and Thomas. Thomas is my favorite track because the end pieces are wooden not plastic, the straight pieces flip around to be roads, and the track has etching that looks like railroad ties. We've had several M&D track pieces break, but it might just have been bad luck.

It's too bad the Ikea bridges are too low for other trains because I love the design otherwise. Sorry I don't know that red bridge.
    Ty for feedback on the tracks!

Since you asked about storage, we keep our train stuff in one of these from Ikea.

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    Is it like this?
    Yes! It is A lot like this. And the price is right! Thanks! I thought it has the wooden pieces with the adorable Thomas drawings but maybe not.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast