Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hemlock is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MontrealMum View Post
    I'm so sorry, and also, I hear you. This is a rant that is close to my heart

Quote Originally Posted by MontrealMum View Post
    Amazon.com is now charging up front for perceived "duty/tariff/customs charges" and is cracking down - without any sort of warning - on all sorts of other things as well. I used to order books from them all the time because they shipped so much faster than retailers w/in Canada (2-7 days vs. 4-6 WEEKS!). But no more In terms of Canadian retailers online I shop at Indigo/Chapters and that's about it. We are waaaay behind on online shopping - decades behind. It's pretty sad.
    Just wanted to say that I have ordered several items from Amazon.com (including some bigger ticket items like strollers) and was charged the duty/tariff/customs charges, but each time I received a refund for the full amount charged about 6-8 weeks later. My sister just ordered a vacuum a few weeks ago and also received a refund for the full amount of the duty/customs charges.

EllasMum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Well, there's sort of a happy ending to my rant. I extended the b*tch to Facebook and one of my friends mentioned having cousins in the States. Turns out one of her cousins was going to buy some LeapFrog cards for Christmas, and was quite happy to take them off my hands! I sold them to her for what I paid, so at least I recouped my money. I am still extremely irritated by the 'invisible' border on these things though. Grr.
    ~~~
    Susan
    DD 08-2005
    Impatiently awaiting adoption match!
    Cure FOP - www.ifopa.org
    ~~~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2