Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Gena is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm so glad you are having success with your weighted blanket!

DS has been using his weighted blanket for just over a year and we still love it. (He has an 8lb twin size.) DS does go through phases of sleep difficulties, but overall the weighted blanket helps him sleep through the night and sleep in his own bed. It has made a huge difference in our lives.

We take the weighted blanket with us when we travel (we travel by car, so packing is not an issue). It has been an amazing help for getting DS to sleep well in hotels, at relatives' houses, etc.

The blanket is still in great shape despite constant use, repeated washings, and even getting vomited on. It has definitely been worth the investment for us.
    Gena

DS, age 11 and always amazing

“Autistics are the ultimate square pegs, and the problem with pounding a square peg into a round hole is not that the hammering is hard work. It's that you're destroying the peg." - Paul Collins, Not Even Wrong

inmypjs is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

That is great news!

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

another good night! He actually peed in his bed at 530 am. This is crazy -- means he was asleep SOUNDLY at that time. That just doesn't happen. He NEVER pees in his bed because he is always semi awake I think. Anyway this makes it 5 nights in a row of good sleep. He is also a lot happier/easier.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Good news!!!

Out of curiosity, do you think part of it is that he actually keeps the weighted blanket on so is warmer at night? I bought younger DD a heated mattress pad when she turned 4 and I can't even tell you how much her sleep improved afterwards!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

karstmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

kinda weird to applaud peeing in bed, but i know what you mean, hillview! hooray!

ooh, beth, heated mattress pad...what a good idea...
    mama to j karst, former 25 weeker, 12/06

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2