kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Textured sheets?

T can not sleep well on smooth sheets. He fidgets and thumps and taps with a totally smooth sheet. Which explains why he always rolled up in his blankets. He's been sleeping on the ikea mattress for top bunks. I am wondering if anyone knows of brands of sheets that are not perfectly smooth. Thinking about a flannel or something. Any ideas? I don't want to end up with a yucky mattress covered in body oils and sweat. More of a concern now that he is hitting an age where kids don't smell perfectly sweet anymore. Maybe I shod buy a textured blanket or two and modify it to use like a sheet?
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

How about a mattress cover? Most of them are not smooth, it seems. It would stay on better than a blanket.
    Kris

KDsMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Flannel sheets that are washed a few times usually pill some, would that provide enough texture for him?
    Christie
    DS '07
    DSS '09
    DSS '12
    DD1 9/21/14

Minnifer is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My DD has a set of the Circo striped jersey sheets that I hate b/c they are *not* smooth/soft (despite what reviews say) - to me, they feel kind of rough/coarse - they're not awful, and she's perfectly happy/comfortable sleeping on them, it's just a totally different feel from typical sheets and actually reminds me of sleeping on/in a blanket. May be worth a try? Hers are these but there are a bunch of other striped colors and some solids http://www.target.com/p/circo-jersey...%20sheet%20set
    Lucky single mama to DD 5/08 and DS 6/11

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Thanks! I am going to try these.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.