swrc00 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default What to hang over the crib?

I didn't hang anything over the crib for DS. I had this huge fear I would find it in his crib and he would some how be injured from it. I am not quite that paranoid the second time around. So, what did you hang on the wall over the crib?
    Last edited by swrc00; 12-31-2012 at 04:50 AM.
    DS - 11/08
    DS2- 2/13

Do you mean like a blanket or decorative item? We only have baby safe items that are firmly attached like a sleep sheep, a soother, and a mobile.

swrc00 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by 123LuckyMom View Post
    Do you mean like a blanket or decorative item? We only have baby safe items that are firmly attached like a sleep sheep, a soother, and a mobile.
    I should have been more specific. I am looking for ideas to hang on the wall, but over the crib.
    DS - 11/08
    DS2- 2/13

Vinyl decal of dd's name from Etsy. Which she started peeling off at age 2.75.

Catherine

I got wooden letters spelling out DDs name at Michaels and acrylic paints to paint stripes on them. They came out great!
    My sweet and curly haired DD 4
    ...and expecting someone new mid April 2014

Silly me! We have a name banner on the wall by DD's crib.

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We did name letters too. For my 1st I painted those lightweight cardboard ones from a craft store (can't remember which one) thinking if they fell or she knocked them they wouldn't hurt her. For DS, we had a fabric wall hanging that a relative made.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

i hang every thing in the kids room with dry wall screws or screws/anchors, and put the screws through the item. we have inital letters, a mirror in a wood frame, a row of hooks on a wood (ish) brackets and some small framed art. then i just touch up paint over the screws. it is not quite as pretty has hanging with nails or hangers that are on the back of the objects, but there is no way those things are falling off the wall, and the peace of mind is worth it to me

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

A vinyl decal. I wouldn't put anything on the wall that could accidentally fall off and into the crib.

mattiew is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Both girls had name letters, DD1 painted wood letters, DD2 framed (no glass) wood letters from Company Kids. We didn't have trouble with either one but I'm pretty sure we hung them so they could not reach them.
    Last edited by mattiew; 01-27-2013 at 07:42 PM. Reason: added text