Default Does your DD do this?

My DD (2 yrs) has always been a heavy night time wetter and we have gone through different brands of extra protection night diapers, diaper covers and now diaper doublers. The diaper doubler packaging suggests moving the doubler back for girls and forward for boys. That makes sense to me, but my daughter seems to pee like a boy. Most nights the doubler helps, but I have noticed that both her diaper and doubler are often only wet in the front or top portion and the remaining parts are dry. And occasionally she will pee out with the doubler, but the entire doubler is not wet. She always leaks onto her tummy. Has anyone had this experience with girls?

I can only guess that maybe occasionally she sleeps with her butt in the air on her knees (child's pose in yoga). She is usually a tummy sleeper when I check on her.

Or is it something else? We even had this problem when we used diaper covers and I am frustrated and confused. Am I missing something? Any suggestions or similar situations that can empathize? She doesn't seem bothered and still sleeps btwn 11-12 hours each night (and waking her is not an option). I am the one who is upset, especially now that it is winter. Not to mention all the extra laundry! I limit her liquids before bedtime and have gone up in sizes for the diapers. She has been in a size 6 nighttime for months now (she only wears a 4 during the day). I'm stumped!

momm is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Definitely the tummy sleeping. Te liquid is just flowing down thats all.

Cn you possibly cover front AND back?

----------------------------------------------------------------

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by momm View Post
    Definitely the tummy sleeping. Te liquid is just flowing down thats all.

Cn you possibly cover front AND back?
    Yep. Same thing for Dolly. She can wake up dry in the back and leaking in the front. And just in case you ever have trouble finding the doublers, those big maternity maxi pads work the same and are often cheaper
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

Yep, one of my DDs was a tummy sleeper and wet in front.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Thanks! That makes me feel better. For the last couple of nights I have moved the diaper doubler up toward the front of the diaper and so far no leaks!
    I just hope that it continues and it wasn't a fluke.