Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Which stroller for WDW? Which rental company?

We're heading to WDW with a 5 yo and a 3 yo in Feb. I was going to borrow a stroller but just saw the prices for renting and since they're so reasonable will most likely go that route. The first rental company I looked at has four choices: BJ City Mini Double, Bob Double, BJ City Elite Double, or the BJ Mini GT Double. Any thoughts on which would be preferable? I own a Bob Single and love it but I'm thinking the fold on the BJoggers would be better for on and off Disney transport. Also, have you rented from a company before? Which company did you use and were you happy? TIA

KHF is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We went last December and rented a stroller from Magic Strollers and were extremely pleased. We got a BJ City Mini Double for my two. They were just turned 6 and not quite 3, so pretty similar ages. I owned a BJ City Elite Double and knew I didn't want to have to lug that behemoth onto the buses, so I got the mini and I'm very glad I did. It wasn't the world's best push, but honestly, most of Disney is on level ground anyway, so it wasn't a big deal. The trade-off for it being that much lighter was totally worth it.

If you rent from Magic Strollers, they will include a raincover for free if you request it (first come, first serve) in the comments. We were glad we had it, as we needed it a couple of times.
    DD - 2005
    DS - 2008

twodogs is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We rented from Kingdom Strollers and also from Orlando Stroller rentals. Both throw in some freebies as long as you request ahead of time. Both had excellent perfect customer service. I liked KS a little better bc they have a free rain cover ( make sure to tick that box when you reserve it, even though free, you must check that box), which was very handy. We rented the city mini GT double. It was awesome! Fold is super easy on the bus or monorail. Light weight and big sun shades for the Florida sun. I had a question at 11pm, and KS answered their live chat at that time!! Great folks! Make sure to reserve in advance, especially for popular times, as they book up. A double is minimally more than a single, btw.

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KHF View Post
    We went last December and rented a stroller from Magic Strollers and were extremely pleased. We got a BJ City Mini Double for my two. They were just turned 6 and not quite 3, so pretty similar ages. I owned a BJ City Elite Double and knew I didn't want to have to lug that behemoth onto the buses, so I got the mini and I'm very glad I did. It wasn't the world's best push, but honestly, most of Disney is on level ground anyway, so it wasn't a big deal. The trade-off for it being that much lighter was totally worth it.

If you rent from Magic Strollers, they will include a raincover for free if you request it (first come, first serve) in the comments. We were glad we had it, as we needed it a couple of times.
    Another vote for Magic Strollers. Their customer service was amazing and their rates are good. We rented a BJCM single for DS2 and couldn't have been more pleased. They left it at the Wilderness Lodge in the morning on the day we arrived and picked it up from the Hard Rock Hotel on our last day.
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

the only think I'd suggest is doing 2 strollers vs a double. That works best for us. I like the BJCM personally. No experience with the rental companies.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Quote Originally Posted by Cam&Clay View Post
    Another vote for Magic Strollers. Their customer service was amazing and their rates are good. We rented a BJCM single for DS2 and couldn't have been more pleased. They left it at the Wilderness Lodge in the morning on the day we arrived and picked it up from the Hard Rock Hotel on our last day.
    We did this last week- it was easy and perfect- I own single and duallie bobs and we used a city mini double- worked fine and I liked trying out the BJCM though.
    DD1 01/10
    DD2 04/12

MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

You have a 5 yo? Maybe my DD is really tall, but she does not fit well height-wise in the the BJCM anymore. I have never tried the double, but I would assume the length issues might be similar. If I were going with a 5 yo, I would try to try out the BJCM and the BOB before reserving to be sure the older child would fit nicely.

We did take our BJCM single (pre-DS) to WDW when DD was 3-1/2, and it worked great for the parks.

ETA: I just saw in the other stroller thread that someone recommended the BJCM double GT for taller kids....to me that might be a better option.
    Last edited by MamaSnoo; 12-31-2012 at 01:36 PM.
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Did you purchase theft insurance? Do I need to be there when they pick up the stroller? If not, do you just leave it with the front desk? TIA

jjordan is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We recently returned from Disney and rented a stroller from Baby Wheels Orlando - they had the best prices for our length of stay and a double stroller. It was 100% super easy. When we got to the hotel, we asked bell services for the stroller and they brought it out to us. When we checked out, we left the stroller with bell services. We did get the insurance just in case someone accidentally (or on purpose, I suppose) took the stroller when we had it parked in Disney - but fortunately that didn't happen.

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

For those of you who rented, did you feel it was worth the money? We have a double we could bring, but are considering renting to avoid hassle of traveling with it. I'm torn, as part of me thinks it is just more money to spend, where as another part thinks we would get a better stroller for Disney (we would be bringing a techno) and have one less thing to deal with in the airport.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast