Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jjordan is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We rented a double stroller. If we had brought our own, I'm not sure if it would have been able to be gate-checked (since airlines often have size limitations on what size strollers they will gate-check). And we wouldn't want to have checked it with luggage. Also we really just wanted a small stroller for the airport - plus it would have been harder to fit a double stroller (along with all our luggage and all of us) into our vehicle. So there were lots of reasons why we didn't really want to bring our own double stroller.

Along with that, I knew that a double stroller that we rented would be much easier to handle in Disney than our own, which is lower quality, a bit harder to fold, definitely harder to steer, etc. The rental stroller that we got was perfect for Disney. I think it ended up costing a little over $100 (this was for a double, remember), with rental insurance, for a 10-day visit, so about $10/day, which is less than the cost of three Mickey Mouse ice cream bars at Disney World.

All that said - if we were only planning to use a single stroller, we would have made due with our own. HTH!

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by acmom View Post
    For those of you who rented, did you feel it was worth the money? We have a double we could bring, but are considering renting to avoid hassle of traveling with it. I'm torn, as part of me thinks it is just more money to spend, where as another part thinks we would get a better stroller for Disney (we would be bringing a techno) and have one less thing to deal with in the airport.
    We did not rent.. and regretted it. I wanted to rent a BJCE or at least a BJCM, but DH didn't want the extra expense if we could take our own travel stroller. Well, I hate the push on that thing (Chicco Liteway) and on top of that the airline damaged it on the flight to Orlando, so the push was even worse and we had to replace it afterwards, so in the end it cost more money than renting. We're definitely renting next time.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by acmom View Post
    For those of you who rented, did you feel it was worth the money? We have a double we could bring, but are considering renting to avoid hassle of traveling with it. I'm torn, as part of me thinks it is just more money to spend, where as another part thinks we would get a better stroller for Disney (we would be bringing a techno) and have one less thing to deal with in the airport.
    I have a great double here at home - Bumbleride Indie Twin but I don't want to have to lug it through the airport or take a chance that it will get damaged in flight so we're renting. We tried out the BJ Mini GT at a local BBBaby and DS2 fits just fine in it. I'm looking forward to the easy fold as well. GL deciding what's right for your family.

Check out Baby Wheels Orlando. They were wonderful!!

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thanks for the advice! Think we are going to rent thru Baby Wheels Orlando. Going to be about $80 and think it will be well worth it to avoid the hassle and get a nicer push and fold for us and nicer ride for the kids!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2