Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mctlaw View Post

Melanie-you need a break! Seriously, I don't know how you do it with the Mspi stuff you also have to deal with! I think cosleeping, needs to work for both parties-and no longer is for you. Are you considering any type of sleep training?
    Yes I am ready to do it...I am just not sure exactly what to do. Plus it's going to be a huge pain because the crib has to stay in our room for awhile. I need help...I think I got rid of my sleep books during the ruthless purge of 2012.

mctlaw is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have the crib in our room too until we buy a house and move so I get it!
    I have Ferber, weissbluth, and baby whisperer on my kindle so let me know if you want any of those plans recapped; I'd be happy to do so for you
    MC

Fair Queen-Ruler of the House of Boys
    Mom to DS 3/06
    DS 2 6/12
    and a 12 year old (boy) min pin

We have the crib in our room too until we buy a house and move so I get it!
    I have Ferber, weissbluth, and baby whisperer on my kindle so let me know if you want any of those plans recapped; I'd be happy to do so for you
    thanks so much I might take you up on that.

I doubt DD has reflux. She never cries (except at night) or spits up, and she's fine lying flat on the boppy. DS had reflux, and you could really tell he was in pain. I'll bring it up with the ped, though. Her 9 mo. appointment is tomorrow. I'm going to clear her health and then plan to sleep train. We had really good success for the first four nights last time, and I know I probably screwed myself by not increasing the intervals by night. I'm going to try again! Not only do I want to sleep and want DD to sleep (she has little bags under her eyes ) I want my marriage back!!! My husband has been sleeping downstairs for months. I miss him!

123 luckymom, please update on your sleep training, if you can!

2 night ago, d's had an awful night which I chalked up to top teeth about to come through. But last night he slept from 11:30 to 5:15!!! First ever sleep through the night!!!i so hope this is part of a new pattern and not a fluke. I did nurse him to sleep since his teeth were getting to him all day and previous night. I guess I should go back to sleep training so I don't ruin my previous efforts.
    MC

Mom to DS 3/06
    DS 2 6/12

lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

can i join?

DD is six months next week. we're not ready to train yet, but i've got my books and i read them and fantasize of life when sleep returns

one question i have in reading the ferber book - he suggests that you don't have to necessarily cut out all the nighttime feedings. you could say that you're not going to feed before a certain time each night.

so what happens if your DC wakes up and then fusses up until the time you've circled for being willing to feed?

for example, say you are willing to feed at midnight, but not before. what if they wake at 11pm and then you do the whole in and out thing and they fuss the whole time and then midnight rolls around. do you then feed them? isn't that then "teaching them" to cry for an hour and then they'll get fed? it's confusing.
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

Yes please join us! I am pretty sure you need to feed. Though I don't know if Ferber addresses this. I think this exact question is addressed by baby whisperer (one of my arsenal). I can't remember the rationale but ill look for it later for you. I know I've done it.
    MC

Mom to DS 3/06
    DS 2 6/12

lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yes please join us! I am pretty sure you need to feed. Though I don't know if Ferber addresses this. I think this exact question is addressed by baby whisperer (one of my arsenal). I can't remember the rationale but ill look for it later for you. I know I've done it.
    thanks!! i would really appreciate that
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

Hemlock is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I'm sooo in for this.

I like to call my almost 8 month old son "the worst sleeper in the world". I have seriously considered "unfriending" some of my Facebook friends who talk about how great their babies sleep.

Ok, I need someone to give me a Ferber run down. It's go time, we kicked our "tenant" to the curb and tonight we are moving his crib. I am all in, I just don't know what exactly to do. Please help!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast