Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default How long do helium latex balloons last?

If I buy latex balloons with helium on Wednesday morning, will they still be nice looking on Thursday morning? TIA

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

not likely. Going on 11 days now with our mylar balloons and they are still on the ceiling.
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

MoJo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My experience has always been less than 24 hours. 12, maybe, less if they have to go through temperature fluctuations.
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

"Theory is great, but as I'm in the trenches of diapers and dishes and ear infections, I try to relax and focus on what's most important: love."--mjs64

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MoJo View Post
    My experience has always been less than 24 hours. 12, maybe, less if they have to go through temperature fluctuations.
    This has been my experience also.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks! I'll make sure to buy the mylar balloons instead.

The woman at the party store told us last week that it was 10 hours for latex balloons.

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

yep, 12 max for latex.

The Dollar stores around us have a great supply of mylar. And they are $1. It's become our go to for balloons in quantity for the smaller size. Have fun!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I Wish there were some consistency! They could be fine or not. Buy Thursday morning.

Party City will add a spritz of hi-float, which keeps latex balloons floating for a while (as in well over a week). It costs per balloon, but totally worth it.

I have a huge balloon (like a 36" round) still on the ceiling from Thanksgiving (I swear, this thing might be here longer than we are!). Meanwhile, similar balloons without the hi-float start to deflate the next day.

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I bought latex the night before a noon party once, and they had definitely started to droop but were still ok at the beginning of the party. By the end a few were really low. Now I get them the day of the party. Great tips for inexpensive Mylar and the hi-float stuff. We usually get one "theme" balloon that matches paper goods and fill in the rest with coordinating colors from whichever store is cheap and convenient.
    DS age 9

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast