ds used to be dry all night. like, for years, even though he was in a diaper, he was dry. he has developmental delays and didn't understand the concept of going in the potty, though.

but now that he's trained, the last few weeks he's waking up every couple of hours to go dribble a few drops. with me helping. the sleep interruptions are about as fun as they used to be 5 years ago. him going by himself wouldn't really help, because just him opening his door wakes me up. damn mama radar.

is this a stage that most kids hit as they're finishing potty training? is it just a body control thing, like 'well, better go get rid of this while i'm a bit awake' or more a mama control thing like 'hmm, i turned over & woke up a bit, i could probably squeeze out a bit of pee, and then i'd get to see mama!'

anyone have any btdt or other advice? do you think he'd stay asleep-er with an electric blanket or a weighted blanket? i'm looking for that sweet spot that if he really does need to pee, he'd wake up, of course.

advice & commiseration, please!