jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Rubber pants for bedtime

DS2 is all ove the place with night training. He either wets his bed three times a night or is up every hour squeezing out a few drops at a time. I don't want to put him in pull ups because he was doing just fine although he was getting up 2 or 3 times a night to go to the bathroom. I'm thinking of buying rubber pants to save myself some sheet washing. Anyone use them for bedtime? Did't hey keep the sheets dry? TIA

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My mom used them, well, vinyl ones, for my brother Ger in the 80s. He was a very deep sleeper, so he was incapable of waking on his own to pee at night until he was about 5 years old.

They seemed to work fine. We also had vinyl mattress protectors (zippered around the entire mattress) plus mattress pads & sheets, just in case.

However, for me, I'd get wool wraps or pull-ons. Of course, that's what I used with my DD for nighttime cloth diapers, so I already have a few covers.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

There are also absorbent mats you could put on top of the sheet.

http://www.amazon.com/Priva-Ultra-Wa.../dp/B000FOA7C2

I have some of these gerber waterproof training pants that I got for in the car when we were first training.
    http://www.clothdiaper.com/PRODUCTS/...Fc2R3godKHEAoQ

They are ok. They can leak though the elastic band. It has cotton in it, I'm sure so the wettness just wicks up into the band. I've tried using them at night with mixed success. I also think that a downfall to them is that the kiddos can get sweaty in them so they don't know if they've wet or are just warm. They're also bulky.

I think I'd see if I could find wool trainers (recommended here by another poster in one of my posts about nighttime PT). Just my 2 cents.
    --------
    DS - Adopted by loving parents 1995
    DS1 7/2009 ('Stachio)
    DS2 9/2011 (Peanut)

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    There are also absorbent mats you could put on top of the sheet.

http://www.amazon.com/Priva-Ultra-Wa.../dp/B000FOA7C2
    That's what we did with DD when she was night training. She hated pull ups but wasn't completely accident free for a few weeks.

I have Gerber vinyl pants, but I didn’t like them. They do not hold that much+ I didn’t like plasticy feeling on a child. I tried several things with my child, ended up sticking to HA training undies +woolen undies. I knitted woolen ones myself (double layers). I knew that wool is a natural product, but I did not realize, that wool holds the body temperature, so a child will not get cold and will not smell pee after you air undies (you need to wash them once in a while, but not with every accident). I was also amazed at how good wool holds accidents. My child had accidents first, but I didn’t need to change the bedding, many times we didn’t need even to change PJs! I made sure that my child is not constipated, then moved to undies+wool, had some accidents first, but I already forgot when we had last accident.
    I am in the process of training my 2nd child. I think that we started too early, but he pulled his new wool undies himself and said that he doesn’t want diapers... We’ll see...
    Last edited by Tinochka; 01-30-2013 at 11:42 PM.

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

WE used something like this (different brand, can't remember which one right now). They breath more than rubber pants, because it's pul. http://jilliansdrawers.com/products/...ictrainingpant
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012