I am sick and tired of dealing with Rogers (Ontario). Service sucks, prices are ridiculous and we don't watch much TV. Our cable bill is insane considering we are not big TV watchers so we have been exploring alternatives to cable and I'm wondering if anyone here has any insights. There is always Bell but I feel like it will end up being the same as Rogers where they give us a good deal initially then slowly jack up the price over time.

Netflix Canada doesn't have great content, but I hear it is supposed to improve. Plus, DH and I love Arrested Development and the new season will only be available on Netflix.

We have an ipad mini so we've been considering buying Apple TV to stream stuff from the networks like ctv, global, etc...

Our current tv setup is still from the dark ages. A ten year old non-flatscreen tv and a regular digital cable box with no pvr. We also don't have any gaming systems like an xbox or wii. The only series we typically watch are the Amazing Race and Big Bang Theory. Since we usually can't catch them when they air and don't have a pvr, we have made good use of the On Demand service. Well, it seems as though ctv has recently removed all their On Demand content and now we are stuck watching stuff on the laptop because we can't even get it on demand. Grrrr....

DH likes to flip around and watch movies in the evenings so we do have the movie channels. Basically, at most 4 times a week, we will sit together for an hour and watch old episodes of Seinfeld or Big Bang. Kids watch a couple of treehouse shows also, maybe 4 times a week.

If we were to get Netflix and/or Apple TV, we'd have to get a new tv because we can't stream through our current one so we need to factor that cost into the savings. We are content with the old tv for now so it's not like we are itching to upgrade.

If you don't use cable, what is your setup and are you happy with the content?