PMJ is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Will my DD ever get potty trained?

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

DD at home will wear underwear most of the time -- she might have a pee accident 2 times a week. Sometimes more. This is with me reminding her.

She refuses to POOP in their -- she will ask for a diaper and poop in there. She has maybe pooped in the toilet once; I was SOO thrilled w/ her, praised her etc... still to no avail for future poops in the toilet.

When we go out - she only wears diapers and when she goes to school, she is in a pull-up, and she usually ends up peeing in there at school b/c she says she forgets etc. (I feel bad putting her in an underwear at school b/c don't want the teachers to have to clean the mess. She is in a class full of potty-trained kids, she is the youngest).

DD is 39 months old --- and I'm scared she won't get pt till she's FIVE. ughhh

I know I need to suck it up and start sending her to school in an underwear....and when we go out for short trips (1 hr or so), try underwear too.

I'm looking for any advice. I'm really starting to feel like a failure at this. Does not help that my stupid Dad keeps nagging me and says, "Aren't you a teacher, shouldn't she be learning this quickly?"

Thanks for listening.
    -------------------------
    Thanks for your time!

mikeys_mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I posted a very similar question about 6 months ago. My twins were 3.5 years old and also refusing to PT. On the advice I got here, we did the 3 day potty training method and it worked wonders for us.

We stuck to the plan pretty carefully. Did it over a long weekend so we had a full 3 days indoors where I could focus on the girls. Pooping in the toilet did take a bit longer than 3 days but we held stong and toughed it out and it did finally click for them.

For a long time they would only poop in their Bjorn potty. It took a few months but they now only use the toilet.

http://www.3daypottytraining.com/

Good luck!
    DS - 10
    DD - 8
    Twin Girls - 6

thats how we trained. he was potty trained. but our child backslid. i don know if we need to go through those three days again (it actually took us four).
    glib-gabbety puke stockings.
    ds 11/09
    dd 10/13

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I feel similarly. DS will poop in the potty pretty consistently and seems perfectly potty trained at daycare. At home, though, he is seriously too lazy/engrossed in whatever he's doing to get up and pee when he needs to. Daycare also made us start using pull-ups and now he's attached to them (because only babies wear diapers, but big boys can wear pull-ups ) I have no idea what to do either. Rewards have stopped working and its turning into a battle of wills, which I don't want.
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

mikeys_mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by eagle View Post
    thats how we trained. he was potty trained. but our child backslid. i don know if we need to go through those three days again (it actually took us four).
    We had a few regression incidents with one of the twins. I contacted Lora from 3 Day Potty Training and she offered helpful advice to get us through the hump.

Oh, and yes, it was for sure not only 3 days for us. Most of the "work" was done after 3 days but I agree that it was closer to 4 or 5 until the accidents were not as frequent and probably 2-3 weeks until I didn't have to always make sure to have a change of clothing on me everywhere we went.
    DS - 10
    DD - 8
    Twin Girls - 6

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeys_mom View Post
    I posted a very similar question about 6 months ago. My twins were 3.5 years old and also refusing to PT. On the advice I got here, we did the 3 day potty training method and it worked wonders for us.

We stuck to the plan pretty carefully. Did it over a long weekend so we had a full 3 days indoors where I could focus on the girls. Pooping in the toilet did take a bit longer than 3 days but we held stong and toughed it out and it did finally click for them.

For a long time they would only poop in their Bjorn potty. It took a few months but they now only use the toilet.

http://www.3daypottytraining.com/

Good luck!

I love love this lady!!! I used this method with DD1 and just finished with DD2.......we're still working on staying dry at nighttime, but she's now dry through the night more times than not (it's been less than a month)....and I feel the email communication is priceless.

I haven't had too many problems with DD2 pooping on the potty, but DD1 did not want to poop on the potty at all and this method has some good tips.....like letting them start in a diaper and "catching" them in the moment and running them to the potty so they finish on the toilet (I had to do this a few times with DD1 before she felt comfortable starting on the toilet).

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10