Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Some fixes you can try:
    Warm rinse instead of cold. This way your water is already running hot when it goes to the wash cycle. Otherwise, it may only be getting warm, and not hot by the time it fills up. Does that make sense?

Do a rinse and spin, so it gets rid of all the nasty rinse water.

Use more detergent. When you have hard water, you need abut half the amount you use for a laundry load. Not the skimpy 1/4 amount you read about some places. That's more for soft water.

Use the wet towel trick others have mentioned, or put it on extra water if possible.

I ALWAYS have used a toilet sprayer on my diapers, even with newborn poop. Otherwise it's just icky. I've never had stains. Blast it all off before tossing into the pail.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPad
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

I agree with everyone here that you need MORE water. Definitely try the wet towel trick. I also wonder if you are actually using too much detergent. Since the diapers are coming out clean but causing a rash. Seems like the detergent isn't getting rinsed out which also is an issue with not using enough water. I have had good customer service with both the tiny bubbles and rockin' green people. You can also try sending them your wash routine and see if they have any suggestions.

Don't worry about stains, that is normal for EBF babies. If the stains bother you then let the diapers dry in the sun. If its too cold to leave them outside try laying them on a sunny windowsill. I don't even bother doing anything in winter and just plan on sun bleaching them when spring and summer roll around. You'll be amazed at how the yellowest and darkest stains can disappear in less then an hour of good sun.
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3