Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Update in #63: Do you wear button-down shirts?

I don't have any l/s button down cotton shirts - a few short sleeved, more blousey button downs that I wear under blazers for business meetings. I bought this adorable button-down shirt from Boden thinking I would be filling a gap in the wardrobe. It's just as cute a print as depicted, 100% cotton, but - I look at myself in the mirror and it looks like a man's shirt with a cute print. It was as bad under a blazer (and I even wore it with an eggplant blazer that offset the purple polka dots). How do women wear these things and make them look feminine? I have very short hair and a boyish figure, so I don't have the curvy look that might feminize a shirt. (The model has the same length of hair and is slim too, but she's a model and I'm not!) I wear jewelry but I'm not a heels and nailpolish gal.

Do you wear button down shirts? I'd love suggestions for how to pull off this look - otherwise, back it goes to Boden. I don't need something else looking cute and gathering dust in my closet. Thanks!
    Last edited by citymama; 01-25-2013 at 05:00 AM.

for Sandy Hook

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Not so much anymore, but when I do I throw in very feminine accessories, i.e. statement necklace, big earings, pumps, bracelets, etc. i also like my shirts to have a defined waistline.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I don't have any. Well, I've got one "hiking" shirt with buttons that I've worn once to go hiking.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have a denim one, and a couple of linen ones.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

No. I tried for years and finally realized that my chest was too flat. I mean, I'm not a super skinny girl (I think super skinny girls can pull it off) but they are just super unflattering to my figure.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Nope. Nor do I wear polo shirts. I just don't feel like me in either.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

yes, i have a Banana Republic one i wear to work sometimes. i don't see as boyish and all it's actually somewhat flattering on me. it's a solid purple though.i cannot do prints bc i'm not super skinny.

i think this is the one i have, not sure.
    http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=715604362
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 01-18-2013 at 09:07 AM.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I wish I could pull it off since I have a couple in a cute liberty fabric print from pre-babies that I wore...they look cutest when they are cut very slim at the waist and tucked in. But I cannot tuck anything in anymore!

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Ireally don't but prob b/c I'm petite, and I feel the collar takes up too much real estate. I like to show my neck and collar bone area b/ c I think it elongates me. I do have a lovely one from BR rhay I could wear with a pencil skirt, but I think I look better in a crew neck collar for that outfit.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

All the time. But I am very busty and imo they are good for minimizing that.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast