Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by tarnator View Post
    So this year, I bought the Boden crinkle button down, and I absolutely love it! I got the 'dark navy sixties bud' colour and it looks better IRL. It is super cute and I am surprised I can pull it off. I had a ton of compliments on it the first day that I wore it last week. I love that it will never need ironing...

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Cleara...sey-Shirt.html
    I was just coming to post this as I got the cranberry sixties bud and wore it yesterday and it was so comfortable! I also felt that it ran TTS and the print did a good job of hiding my belly poof. I want more!

luli13 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MizMojoLaveau View Post
    I was just coming to post this as I got the cranberry sixties bud and wore it yesterday and it was so comfortable! I also felt that it ran TTS and the print did a good job of hiding my belly poof. I want more!
    I have this one too, as well as the navy with grey dots. I wear them all the time! I didn't really love the crinkled look so I just wash and flat dry, then throw it in the dryer to fluff and it's not wrinkled much at all, which I prefer. They are really comfortable, have stretch and I can wear then tucked in with a skinny belt or untucked. Really cute and a versatile shirt, IMO.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I never wear button downs. I haven't worn any since high school when I had to wear them on mass days. On regular days I had to wear a polo shirt and haven't worn one of those since high school either!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

citymama is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Update: I think I'm keeping it. If I hadn't posted this thread I probably would have sent it back but I found a look that works really well - under a deep V neck black sweater (tried it with blue too but that didn't work) with the cuffs rolled up to show the print. It looked great! I am not sure what pants I would pair those with for work, maybe black wool trousers or dark jeans? It also looked good with the top 3 buttons unbuttoned, cami underneath and a bold necklace (I have a one with chunky purple semi-precious stones) and dark jeans. I figured out what the problem was - the shoulders are too broad (I have a very narrow frame), so it looks a bit "butch" when worn without a sweater, but the v-neck and jewelry fix that problem.

I didn't expect this thread to go to so many pages - wow, thanks for all the great ideas!
    Last edited by citymama; 01-25-2013 at 05:02 AM.

for Sandy Hook

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Update: I think I'm keeping it. If I hadn't posted this thread I probably would have sent it back but I found a look that works really well - under a deep V neck black sweater (tried it with blue too but that didn't work) with the cuffs rolled up to show the print. It looked great! I am not sure what pants I would pair those with for work, maybe black wool trousers or dark jeans? It also looked good with the top 3 buttons unbuttoned, cami underneath and a bold necklace (I have a one with chunky purple semi-precious stones) and dark jeans. I figured out what the problem was - the shoulders are too broad (I have a very narrow frame), so it looks a bit "butch" when worn without a sweater, but the v-neck and jewelry fix that problem.

I didn't expect this thread to go to so many pages - wow, thanks for all the great ideas!
    I never did say that I actually love the print of that shirt that you picked so I am glad that you found a way to make it work!

I am shocked too, that this thread got such a big turn-out - Wow.

lovin2shop is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Glad that it worked out! This post inspired me to pull out a button down and give it a try again. I needed to decide once and for all if they are worth the closet space that they occupy. I wore a white button down with a bright blue and white space dyed type sweater and black pants. The sweater had an almost scooped crew neck. The extra space from the scoop helped a lot, really don't think I could do it with a true crew neck. The shirt had french cuffs, so covered all the edges with the sweater and then scrunched up. The shirt was from BR, so plenty of stretched, but I did feel a bit constricted throughout the day.

The end result, my DH complimented me on my outfit without prompting, so I guess it's a keeper! I think he appreciated that it was more tailored than my usual loose sweater, skinny jeans, boots ensemble (which I still love, but admit to overwearing!).

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post

Great idea, I love that look!
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7