Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

No, I don't wear button-down shirts, not because of chest-coverage (though I have to admit that this is a concern) but because the sleeves are NEVER long enough ... which causes additional chest-button pulling.

The only button downs I could wear were the old Land's End "tall" sizes because the sleeves were the proper length.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Not often because I'm very busty. To get they that will stay buttoned I usually have to go up a size or two but then I don't look tailored. I have some of the tape with it still looks super pulled and not very nice IME.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    I wear them to work periodically. I buy fitted ****s that tuck in at the waist.
    Fitted what, BabyBearsMom? Fitted what?

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Fitted what, BabyBearsMom? Fitted what?
    Curious minds want to know - do tell!

for Sandy Hook

No. I have to wear a while coat at work which has a collar. I hate wearing a collar over a collar. So bulky and uncomfortable. I am constantly fidgeting with the collars to make them behave.

If I do wear a collared shirt, I usually put my hair up in a pony tail or bun to help make the collar and neck visible. it also helps to keep a few of the top buttons open to elongate the neck. I'm conservative so I don't unbutton more than just 2. I'm sure the shirts would look much better if you dare to unbutton down more.

I also notice a trend on wearing a statement necklace inside the shirt (keep those top buttons undone so that the shirt will be more open on top)

lovin2shop is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mommylamb View Post
    Almost never. I am very busty and if the shirt is big enough on top to not pull at the buttons, than it is so big around my stomach area and I look like a kid wearing my dad's shirt, or just makes me look fat. I hate them.
    This. The couple that I have sit unworn in my closet. Probably going to donate them.

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It is so funny to me that the other busty moms don't like button up shirts. I feel like knits totally accentuate everything and make me look way bigger than I am. I love the structure of button ups. I do typically tuck in or wear over a tank with a few buttons open though. I swear a lot of those stlye blogs say hourglasses should wear button ups too, but maybe I am crazy!

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Not while I'm nursing. I find that it's much harder to nurse modestly in a button down.

Ceepa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I wear button-downs but prefer soft material. If the shirt is too stiff it looks wrong. Also pair up with feminine skirts, prints or accessories to soften the manliness of it.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Thanks, y'all for the great ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by scriptkitten View Post
    Yes. All the time. An easy way to wear them is untucked over skinny jeans with flat leather boots
    Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    I have lots of them. In fact, I'm wearing one right now! I wear them to work a lot under crew neck sweaters with slacks. I also have summery linen ones that I wear with cropped jeans and sandals in the summer.
    Fashionistas, might we see a fashion show? Pretty please?

Quote Originally Posted by fivi2 View Post
    All the time. But I am very busty and imo they are good for minimizing that.
    I am so the opposite of busty (think ironing board); no cleavage to show with an unbuttoned shirt! I'll try a few of these ideas (under sweaters, with jeans and flats, with cami and chunky jewelry) and see if they work. Will report back!
    Last edited by citymama; 01-18-2013 at 06:19 PM.

for Sandy Hook

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast