Default Super comfy chair for 9 year old boy?

My son is about to get his very own room for the first time at almost 9 years of age.

I would like to get him his very own chair (he's into grown-up stuff, asked us to buy him same leather club chair we got his dad )

At this point, I might as well get an adult chair, huh? The land of nod, PBK stuff, etc he is probably going to outgrow soon?

What do your boys love? Mine spends his time playing pretend with a couple of lego guys that fight each other (standing), mimecraft on the ipad, or reading (when asked )
    Any other ideas to make his room special?
    A lego decal for the wall comes to mind...

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ikea poang chairs are very comfortable and inexpensive. Tons of colors. The kids size would be too small probably.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by infomama View Post
    Ikea poang chairs are very comfortable and inexpensive. Tons of colors. The kids size would be too small probably.
    I was going to recommend the same exact chair before I even read infomama's post, lol! My kids fight over our poang chair. We have the matching ottoman for it, which I think makes the chair even better, esp since it is a deep chair. IDK what your budget is, but I'd recommend the chair and ottoman set. What I love about this chair is that it is so light, so easy to move from room to room if needed and also the (cloth) cover is washable. Just make sure you don't throw it in the dryer and you wash it on cold.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Thanks so much for the unanimous vote! You are speaking my language as I can hardly resist the IKEA pull...Just bought that Strandmon chair for myself