Default Will a Ju Ju Be BFF work for me?

I bought the skip*hop Duo Deluxe on sale from BRU and I hated it so I returned it. I exchanged it for the Baby Innovations Weekender bag but it's huge and heavy.

Honestly, I don't think I'm an overpacker (we have a 1mo old) but you tell me:
    Baby Stuff:
    6 - 8 diapers
    receiving blanket
    3 4oz Playtex bottles/avent formula dispenser
    1 burpy bib
    pampers wipes pack/boogie wipes/dapple pacifier wipes
    diaper rash cream
    munchkin diaper bags
    2 spare outfits
    Tide/Dreft to go pen
    teether
    Mommy stuff:
    wallet, pen, purse calendar,
    cosmetic bag with lip balm/gloss and other lady stuff, cell phone

Plus, I knit so I wanted a bag that will accomodate my Yarn Pop "Gadgetry" bag.

So what do you think? I really like backpack style as opposed to a messenger or tote.

Right now, I can use my 20% off coupon from Buy Buy Baby for it or another workable bag.

I have the Ju Ju Be bad and love it. I have an 11 month old and have gone thru 3 bags before this one... I wish I had this one from the beginning. The design makes it easy to store all your items and not have them shift or fall out when you're out and about. I also love the light-colored interior. It makes a huge difference when trying to find things, especially something small like a toy or pacifier. It has an outside pocket to hold keys, cell phone, and other "lady things". On either side there are insulated bottle pockets so you can keep stuff warm or cool for short trips. I highly reccomend the bag and suggest you watch the video available on Amazon.

ebp913 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I have the Be Prepared and I'm also going to get the BFF. I like the BFF for daily use and quicker trips (since I'll have 2 in diapers) and I'm using the Be Prepared for all day outings and over nights. I think Jujube products are just excellent in general.

I would try out the BFF and see if you can fit all your stuff. As your baby gets older, you won't have as much to carry so that will help too. Just a random question... if you have the Playtex bottles, why do you carry 3 of them? I have them too and just carry extra bottle nipples and liners. Big space saver! I think you could fit all that in the BFF from the video I have watched on it. The Be Prepared is like a bigger BFF and I could fit at least double of what you listed in that bag.
    Wild life with 3 under 3... Growing up too fast

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

how long are you usually out for? with a baby that young, we were never out for very long, so I could easily get by with 1 extra outfit and 2-3 diapers. I would usually have a bag i would leave in the car all the time, with a few more diapers, another outfit or 2 and an extra blanket,just in case.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

oh, and i never bought different kinds of wipes...the regular diaper wipes work great for faces and noses and hands and pacies

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
    how long are you usually out for? with a baby that young, we were never out for very long, so I could easily get by with 1 extra outfit and 2-3 diapers. I would usually have a bag i would leave in the car all the time, with a few more diapers, another outfit or 2 and an extra blanket,just in case.

At that age I usually carried a few diapers, wipes, paper changing pad, one outfit, maybe a hat or light blanket, one burp cloth and one pacifier w/ clip. I threw in my wallet, keys, phone. My biggest item was usually some sort of carrier--moby, sling, mai tei.

I kept an extra outfit and extra diapers in the car and refilled as needed.

To reduce weight you might look at whether you really need the multiple types of wipes, diaper cream, so many bottles, etc.