Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    lines is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

interested!

kboyle is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

id possibly be interested to help lose that last 5lbs. have we decided that it'll be a $25 bet?
    Kristine, Supermommy to
    Charlie (6/2003), Max (8/2005) & Ernie (5/2007)

I just read back through the replies and only three people mentioned dates:
    March or later
    After Feb 19th
    By mid Feb to be done by mid-march

I would be willing to start any day. The other thing is that they last 4 weeks and there doesn't have to be just one. After the first one ends, someone can set up another or there can be more than one going at a time.

I propose starting one in the next week or two and then maybe a second one can start a few weeks later or when the first one ends if there is still interest.

Is anyone interested in actually setting up the BBB one on the dietbet site? I can do it if no one else wants to, I am asking because I live in a rural area and our internet service is awful. It frequently takes me hours to do something that should take 5 minutes or less with continuous service, extremely frustrating. But I'm still willing to set it up if no one else is interested, especially since I put the idea out there And I think it will be fun.

So three questions:
    1. Anyone want to set it up?
    2. Dates? I tend to start a diet on Monday so I was thinking Feb 11th would be good, that would give everyone the next week to sign up and weigh in. But we can do whatever works for most, I'm open for most any start date.
    3. Bet amount? Most are $25 but you can make it anything from $5 and up. Too small amount and people aren't as invested/motivated and too much may exclude some from participating. I think $25 is a good amount, but again its up for discussion and I would participate at any (reasonable) amount

cono0507 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Daphnecita View Post

So three questions:
    1. Anyone want to set it up?
    2. Dates? I tend to start a diet on Monday so I was thinking Feb 11th would be good, that would give everyone the next week to sign up and weigh in. But we can do whatever works for most, I'm open for most any start date.
    3. Bet amount? Most are $25 but you can make it anything from $5 and up. Too small amount and people aren't as invested/motivated and too much may exclude some from participating. I think $25 is a good amount, but again its up for discussion and I would participate at any (reasonable) amount
    I'm willing to set it up. We can set it up invite-only rather than public so those who want to participate can PM me their email and I can send invites.
    I guess we just need to nail down a date. $25 sounds good to me. Anyone else have other thoughts?

I like the $ 25 bet. If its too low, that takes some of the motivation away.

I think starting in a week is a good plan. That gives everyone time to get signed up.

This sounds like will be good motivation!
    An AF wife to DH and
    mom to Will 09/08 & Andy 09/10

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I like the plan ($25, start next Monday). I'm pretty flexible, though, so if people need to change anything I'll probably be fine with that, too!

minnie-zb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

$25 and next monday works for me.

jbbhb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kristenk View Post
    I like the plan ($25, start next Monday). I'm pretty flexible, though, so if people need to change anything I'll probably be fine with that, too!
    Same for me

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kristenk View Post

cono0507 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Ok, I've set it up. Send me a PM with your email address if you'd like to join and you will receive an email from DietBet to sign up. This one will start on Monday 2/11 but if this is a success, perhaps we could do this regularly!
    I'm excited to do this! Great idea, Daphnecita!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast