Default Cloth dipe overnight?

Now that I am ready to CD my baby what about my 3 yr old? He is potty trained during the day but we use Goodnites for nighttime. Thank you!

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You could, but I don't see it being worth the extra investment.

He'll night-train when his bladder matures.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

You don't think a cloth overnite is worth the investment? Just to be clear I don't mean for PT at all. He has red marks from the Goodnites and he gets mad about wearing them because he says they're not comfortable so I was hoping there might be a cloth overnite type for him to wear instead?

We use pockets overnight for our 3yo. If you have a heavy wetter, I recommend getting a few hemp inserts and you can add one or two, depending on how wet he is. We typically use BumGenius 4.0, but I just got some Simplex one size and those are great, too, and you can add an insert).

Depending on what style you will be using for your baby, there is a good chance you can use your one-size diaper for your 3yo and hand them down to your baby once out of the newborn stage. No additional expense!

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ExcitedMamma View Post
    You don't think a cloth overnite is worth the investment? Just to be clear I don't mean for PT at all. He has red marks from the Goodnites and he gets mad about wearing them because he says they're not comfortable so I was hoping there might be a cloth overnite type for him to wear instead?
    Ohhh, I didn't realize he was reacting to the overnight pull-ups!

We used snap-closure fitted diapers with fleece/hemp doublers plus wool pull-on covers for my DD until recently ... and I've even used wool wrap covers over training pants for nap time with good results (of course, DD stayed dry the whole nap ...)

Before that, we were using a combination of Swaddlebees all-in-ones or prefolds and doublers with wool covers.

As for something that acts like an all-in-one pull-up, I've been considering Antsy Pants to cut down on irritation from the Velcro sides which do irritate my DD's hips:

http://getantsy.com/
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ExcitedMamma View Post
    Now that I am ready to CD my baby what about my 3 yr old? He is potty trained during the day but we use Goodnites for nighttime. Thank you!
    That is how I got into cloth diapering. I bought FuzziBunz for my DD1 to use at night. I personally like the Bum Genuis diapers a bit better, but the Fuzzi Bunz were great for DD1 gor the year she did use them. I put in two FB liners, and with the BGs I put in one microfleece liner and one cotton prefold. I have used one heavy (Flip organic or Imagine organic prefold) in the Fuzzi Bunz as well, but prefer the fit of their liners in their diapers.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

At his checkup this month DS was 33 lbs. It seems like all the cloth diapers(Bumgenius, FuzzBunz, swaddlebees/Simplex) go up to 35 lbs. I can see how the Bumgenius I ordered for DD fit him but it doesn't sound like that's the way go given his size.

AntsyPantz are out of stock for a few weeks according to their website.

Anyone tried Kissaluvs Trainers? They look really cute but you need to stuff overnight and I can't figure out what size of doubler to use. It doesn't specify on their website and reviews in other websites say its a really small pocket.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

yeah and boys are shaped differently than girls so I have no clue if it would work or not. Flip Diapers makes trainers as well, but I think they are kind of expensive, but he'd be able to take them off himself, but if he is a heavy wetter then I would use a regular cover like a Flip Cover with a Flip Organic or Imagine (Nicki's Diapers brand of prefolds).

http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_...oducts_id=3105
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)