Default Where at the Polynesian?

I just posted on Disboards for the first time. Boy is that board intimidating!!! I thought some of you might know the answer, too, though.

We're springing for the Polynesian, because we want to be on the monorail and near the Transportation and Ticket Center. There were no more rooms at the Contemporary, which was our first choice for convenience. We also want a lagoon view room to see the cool electrical show and (if possible) the fireworks. We MUST have a balcony so we have somewhere to sit while the kids fall asleep.

Which longhouse should we request to be nearest the transportation and also have the view? I hear the resort is very spread out, and I'd like not to have to do too much walking just to get to the transportation!!!

If you want to see the fireworks and water parade from your room, you'll need a 'Theme Park View' room. Most Lagoon view rooms are looking toward the Grand Floridian or the Contemporary or the marina at the Poly. You'd have a view of the water, but no fireworks or elect. show.

Here's a map: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/polymap.htm

We were just there a few weeks ago and stayed in Tokelau. We had a plain old standard/garden view room (with a balcony), which was still really nice. We just went to the beach one night to watch the water parade.

Another good resource is Tikiman (www.tikimanpages.com). He has really good info about each longhouse, and when they expect to be closed for refurb.

I think in general "close to transportation" and "good view of the fireworks" are mutually exclusive. If you think you'll be going to Epcot a lot, then I'd go for Tahiti. It's got a lot of theme park view rooms and lagoon view rooms (w/ balconies) and is very close to the walkway to the TTC (trans. & ticket center). If you're going to be spending most of your time at the Magic Kingdom, you'll want to be close to the Great Ceremonial House where the monorail stop is. I'm not really sure what the closest longhouse is that has TPV rooms.
    Last edited by crispychicky; 01-27-2013 at 01:54 PM.

Thanks! We booked mentioning all our requests, and they said we'd probably be in Tahiti.

I'm soooooo excited!!!! This will be our first trip with children. It'll be the first time ever for DH, and I can't wait to share the magic!

spunkybaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Have a great trip! We stayed at Tokelau and enjoyed the super-convenient location to the TTC. Just remember to take the bus to the TTC from Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios instead of waiting for the shared bus to Poly/GF/Contemporary. We were kind of stupid and waited for the Poly bus a few times before waking up and going straight to the TTC bus (much more frequent buses and so easy to walk from TTC to the Poly!)

The tikiman pages were very helpful in learning about the various longhouses.
    Mom to two spunky kids