Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

We use a lot of audiobooks here and my 7 yo had recently enjoyed:
    The Secret Garden
    Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
    The Clementine Series (author Sara Pennypacker)
    The World According to Humphy (also a series)
    Little House in the Big Woods (on the Prairie)
    Mercy Watson (3 books)
    One Hundred and One Dalmatians (the original, not Disney)

He's been reading books from series like Puppy Place, Animal Ark, Pony Friends, etc. Maybe the Penderwicks or Piper Reed Navy Brat. Pipi Longsocking, Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, or Heidi.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Nancy Clancy is the Fancy Nancy chapter books. There are two of them. Nancy has decided to be a detective. They are really cute.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

NCGrandma is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ellies mom View Post
    Nancy Clancy is the Fancy Nancy chapter books. There are two of them. Nancy has decided to be a detective. They are really cute.
    DGD1 loved those! The only drawback is, as you said, that there are only two so far. Hope there are more in the works!

almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My daughter is gobbling up books right now, and the librarian had a lot of good suggestions after she read Ivy and Bean. She loved the Just Grace book she read, and we will definitely read more. She loved Ruby Lu which is also a series, and Geronimo Stilton. We are reading Chickadee right now by Louise Erdrich. It's a little tougher, but great and full of nature adventures. What about the Phantom Tollbooth? I saw that at the library and would have picked it up except we had too many out already. DD also loved Clementine and Judy Moody which have been mentioned

And you might not want to get her started, but Harry Potter is amazing. My son started it the spring of 1st grade and had finished them by the time he started 2nd. He just read constantly. Now he's ready them through 3 times! I know my daughter will love them too, I just need to start it for her...

Also, The Name of this Book is a Secret is a great book.
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3