newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Keen vs. Chacco vs. Teva

I'm looking for a good sandal (not a flip flop) for all day walking at WDW this coming month, and then to wear all spring/summer at the zoo, amusement parks and water parks.
    I have a pair of the basic Teva sandals now, but I know there are better (even possibly cuter!) choices.

Any recs for one brand/style over another?

eta: this is what I have....and honestly haven't worn in a few summers. I think it's because the wide straps start to rub after a while. http://www.teva.com/womens-hurricane...=women-sandals

I have flat feet and normaly wear orthotics in my sneakers/running shoes....so I think I need something with good arch support.
    Last edited by newg; 01-27-2013 at 09:36 PM.

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I vote keen or teva. I loved my keens and wore them extensively, lots of walking, for several years. I like my Teva sandals too, but I have found the different versions to have different levels of comfort for all day affairs. I do not like Chaco, though I try them on frequently. They are just too firm/stiff in the footbed for me.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

I love my Keens. They have good arch support but my feet get little sweaty and stinky in the summer.

rin is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I absolutely adore my Chacos. I have these http://www.chacos.com/US/en-US/Produ...l?dimensions=0 in black, and I really like them. I wear them for hiking/walking/etc all summer long. They're awesome and durable and IMO cute and much more versatile in terms of not screaming "athletic sandal".

All that said, I would definitely try them on first. As I said, I love mine and have worn them for all-day hikes/sightseeing/etc, but DH also has a pair and he gets weird foot pain when he wears them. He has *very* wide, flat feet, so he does have trouble finding comfortable shoes, but it might be something to keep in mind.

I have a few pairs of teva tirra's and I highly recommend them. They are comfy, much cuter than typical tevas, and I can do nearly anything in them. I'm not a fan of chacos--they don't feel right to me. I've also never really liked keens for myself although that's what I buy DD.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I've tried keen and teva and would like to say that I prefer my orthaheels to either of those brands. So, not to complicate things, but I think you should give orthaheels a try. I wore them at wdw and had no foot issues.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow mom View Post
    I have a few pairs of teva tirra's and I highly recommend them. They are comfy, much cuter than typical tevas, and I can do nearly anything in them. I'm not a fan of chacos--they don't feel right to me. I've also never really liked keens for myself although that's what I buy DD.
    I have these and have worn them to Disney. I love that they are fully adjustable. My feet swell slightly during the day and I like to be able to adjust the straps if needed. They also work if you get them wet, which can happen a lot at Disney! Make sure you try them out for a couple weeks before taking them to Disney.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Subscribing because I need a pair of comfy sandals for Disneyland

What about for kids? I see they have a Teva Tirra version for kids, and I need to get the girls some comfy disneyland sandals too...

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Subscribing because I need a pair of comfy sandals for Disneyland

What about for kids? I see they have a Teva Tirra version for kids, and I need to get the girls some comfy disneyland sandals too...
    I'm actually looking at the pediped Nile for the DDs. It can get wet, but will still work with socks too.......and for $30, it won't be the end of the world if they outgrow them before the end of summer.

http://www.pediped.com/Products/Flex...k__RS1407.aspx

I saw these on the Teva website for me....and they look pretty cute for being an "all-terrain" sandal!
    http://www.teva.com/womens-zirra-adj...=women-sandals

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I think Tevas are fine for women as long as the straps are thin. Sanuk might have something similar. I used to wear Flojos to Disneyland as a teen (the last time I went in the dead of summer), and I can't remember what shoes I wore when we went in Sept., 2009 and it was unseasonably hot and went on Splash Mountain.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)