After six years, our Lands End backpack diaper bag is really falling apart. It's fine because I mostly leave it in the car these days for play dates and shopping, but with a new baby coming, I know I'm going to be carrying the diaper bag with me everywhere again. And they don't make them anymore! I even contacted them to see if they would repair mine, but they won't even do that!

I absolutely know I want another backpack style diaper bag. I want my hands free, I want DH to feel comfortable using it, and I don't care if it's cute. I've searched the threads here and read up on amazon reviews, and it sounds like the Skip Hop Via Backpack diaper bag is the closest thing to what we have. But a lot of amazon reviews make it sound flimsy. I'm spoiled--I had one diaper bag last me through my first three kids, and I'd love to have my second diaper bag last me through my next three. Is the Via going to hold up for me?

Cost is kindof a factor. Our families aren't likely to shell out $100+ on gifts this time, so the more boutiquey brands aren't an option for us. There are some other things we're needing to replace for this baby, so the diaper bag isn't the highest budget priority. There's a cheaper Eddie Bauer diaper bag that gets the same mixed reviews on amazon, and if we have to buy one ourselves, I'll probably have to go with that. But I know a lot of people love Skip Hop, so if it's really better, I will try to find a way to justify getting it.

So if you've had one, please tell me how it's held up for you! TIA!