♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thumbs up PBK Spencer Bento Boxes

Just figured I should post a review of these lunchboxes ...got them during that holiday deal last month and so far we really like them.. kids have been taking them to school everyday and they have held up well.

Pros:
    -all one piece. no lids, tiny containers for daycare (or me) to lose, no having to label ten different containers/lids in my kids lunch. this is a huge plus!! we went through a few other lunchboxes and the school lost a few pieces, and i hated having to label everything (lids, small containers, etc) and keep track of them all.
    -lots of compartments (5) to separate everything
    -lidded container keeps things like fruit, hummus etc from getting other things (crackers, sandwich, etc) soggy.

Cons:
    -it's fairly big and square. i'm sure it would be big enough for an older elementary school kid. may be a little hard to find a insulated lunchbox big enough to fit it.
    -it's a little bit hard to wash inside of it since there are so many divided areas..inside walls can get a little greasy and it's hard to get in there and wipe each side down. but it's not too bad

Anyway, with these i've been having a ball making their lunches...it makes it easy to look appealing to kids and the kids have actually been eating all of their lunch at school (whereas they barely eat their dinner at home!). DS often asks for a "train sandwich" or a "car cheese" for lunch.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

DS1 uses them for kindy. I really like them too and so does he! He eats everything I send!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DD1 loves it too! Our "secret" compartment does not close very well, but it hasn't been a problem.

Where did you get the cookie cutter to make the fun sandwich shapes? I think DD would love that.
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

Quote Originally Posted by theriviera View Post
    DD1 loves it too! Our "secret" compartment does not close very well, but it hasn't been a problem.

Where did you get the cookie cutter to make the fun sandwich shapes? I think DD would love that.
    they were from PBK too I got princess set for DD and transport one for DS. i really like the princess shapes, they are adorable.

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/produ...oMerchRules-_-

I did not pay $15 for each set though (i admit that's pricey)..i got them in-store for 50% off, when all the lunch stuff was on sale.

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Where did you get the cutter for the cheese bunnies? That's adorable! Great pics!
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

Quote Originally Posted by jam224 View Post
    Where did you get the cutter for the cheese bunnies? That's adorable! Great pics!
    i got them online here...got inspiration from anotherlunch blog

http://www.allthingsforsale.com/bent...f=anotherlunch

i really like them. in the set there's an elephant and a teddy bear as well as other cute shapes

ckso is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

These are so cute. Maybe my kid will eat more.

I like the cutters but what do you do with the scraps? I don't want to eat it but seem like such a waste to toss