TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Do larger-sized Pull-Ups hold more?

Dh and I think that the volume of urine in DD's Pull-Up is causing her to wake up in the middle of the night, unhappy. I'm not sure we are ready for night-training, because she usually wakes up screaming and is inconsolable and will not tell us what is wrong, and I don't think she will be willing to go sit on the potty at these times. I also don't want to limit liquid intake because she doesn't drink enough as it is, and she gets upset when she does not have her cup of water with her at night (not a battle I want to fight right now). Would moving up a size in Pull-Ups make a difference, like it does for diapers? Or should we begin night training?
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Are you using overnight Pull-Ups or daytime?

The overnight ones hold more than the daytime ones do, but I don't think absorbency increases as size increases.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Are you using overnight Pull-Ups or daytime?

The overnight ones hold more than the daytime ones do, but I don't think absorbency increases as size increases.
    We're using overnight Pull-Ups.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

emily is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Pull-ups never did the job for us. We switched to Pampers Underjams for DD and Huggies Goodnights for DS.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by emily View Post
    Pull-ups never did the job for us. We switched to Pampers Underjams for DD and Huggies Goodnights for DS.

goodnights
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Quote Originally Posted by emily View Post
    Unfortunately neither of those come small enough for my peanut. Any idea if Pampers Easy-Ups are more absorbent?

emily is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We never tried the overnight pull ups but the Easy Ups definately hold more than the daytime Pull Ups. We used Easy Ups for DD until she got big enough for the Underjams.

IME, larger pullups just ended up being ill-fitting. We would have trouble with the leg-holes being to big. Is there a reason you are trying to avoid overnight diapers? My DS wore those until he was night trained (at over 3yo).

Yeah, we just did overnight diapers until ds was night trained.

Catherine