Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Torn knee-resistant 4T jeans

I think my son has razor blades for knees!!! He's torn the knees of his jeans over and over. I've just bought him 4 new pairs from The Children's Place, because it's the only store that's fairly local, and I could physically go and get them right away. (I live in the boonies.) For the future, though, which brand of toddler boy jeans do you think are the sturdiest? DS is super skinny, so I will only buy brands with waists I can cinch way in. Any recommendations?

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

hmm, well most of the pants i buy for ds are the double-knee kind from Hanna (the sweats, and then the cargo-like pants (cruisers?). ds is a typical active boy and i've actually never had to deal with ripped knees in pants (though DS is only 3).

the hanna cruisers pants seem pretty sturdy and resistant to ripping. DS had 2 pairs in size 80 that lasted 2 seasons , and after he grew out of them i was able to resell them on ebay as well. definitely a good investment..i've bought him a new pair in size 100.

the only downside is that on the double knee cruiser pants there are no belt loops to use a dapper snapper...tho u can cinch the waist in with the drawsring. my ds is pretty thin and often drawstring is not enough (he needs waist cincher/dapper snapper on 24month size pants, for pete's sake).
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 01-30-2013 at 02:26 PM.

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Lands End climber pants are very durable.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    For Ds1, anything that is not listed as "double knee" is a complete waste of money. It doesn't matter the brand or style or much we paid initially. HA and Boden pants rip as fast as ON, Gap and TCP.

LE climber pants used to come in the jean version. I believe LE morphed over to Iron Knee pants, which are great, but have a button and zipper.

Do the LE pants have an invisible cinch waist like TCP? Inside those pants on either side of the waistband is elastic you can pull and button to cinch in the waist. They also have a snap and zipper to close them (they are not elastic waist).

We never had this problem before this year! DS has always been very active, but I think he's sliding on his knees at school or something. It's very odd, but necessary to address!!!

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

I have a 4.5 year old DS with the same problem. He loves to slide on his knees and is super active. I started a thread a few weeks ago about it http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=451441
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

Thanks for linking to that thread. I can see LE jeans in our future-- unless they don't have a way to cinch in the waist.

Quote Originally Posted by 123LuckyMom View Post
    Thanks for linking to that thread. I can see LE jeans in our future-- unless they don't have a way to cinch in the waist.
    The jeans have an adjustable waist (the buttons on the side kind). The climber pants have a build-in belt that you can cinch (they may come in denim, is that what you mean?). Lands End also carries slim sizes in some styles. I have two really skinny kids, and I buy slim when its available but its not necessary for the climber pants.

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    For Ds1, anything that is not listed as "double knee" is a complete waste of money. It doesn't matter the brand or style or much we paid initially. HA and Boden pants rip as fast as ON, Gap and TCP.

LE climber pants used to come in the jean version. I believe LE morphed over to Iron Knee pants, which are great, but have a button and zipper.
    The button and zipper make them totally useless for us. They are no longer selling the climber though.

We have moved over to Gap. Still not as easy as LE climber pants. But the hook and bar closures on the Gap jeans are easy enough for my son to handle.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast