Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The Lands End iron knee pants do come in the pull on style.

http://www.landsend.com/ix/Boys/User...ed&pageSize=24

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    The Lands End iron knee pants do come in the pull on style.

http://www.landsend.com/ix/Boys/User...ed&pageSize=24
    They are elastic but have a real working zipper and button.

Quote Originally Posted by vonfirmath View Post
    The button and zipper make them totally useless for us. They are no longer selling the climber though.

We have moved over to Gap. Still not as easy as LE climber pants. But the hook and bar closures on the Gap jeans are easy enough for my son to handle.
    The climber pants are still available on the website.

sariana is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have a skinny boy too. When I find something that fits, I try to stick with it.

Could you cut some pieces from the jeans with holes to make patches for new jeans? So buy jeans that fit/otherwise work. Turn the legs inside out and sew a "patch" of denim (from an old pair) on the inside back of each knee. Then when the knees start to wear through, there will be more denim underneath rather than skin showing. Not perfect, and the knees still will look somewhat ragged, but it should extend the life of the jeans.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by westwoodmom04 View Post
    The climber pants are still available on the website.
    Where? I can't find them.

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default toughskins slim

We always had great success with Toughskins straight jeans at sears in slim sizes.

I was sad when DS outgrew 7X and we had to find a new jean that fit him. We now buy GAP slim and I have to replace the jeans in less than 6 months because he gets holes. I am going to buy some denim patches to try and reinforce the inside of the jeans I just ordered for him..... unless someone has a better idea. DS now wears 10 slim.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Where? I can't find them.
    http://www.landsend.com/ix/boys-clot...ed&pageSize=24

Sizes seem to be limited and I have no idea if this is the last of them or if they will be restocking.

Catherine

I saw the iron knee cadet pants at LE on sale. They didn't have any colors we needed in his size. Then I saw the iron knee jeans for $44! Honestly, that's too much money for kids jeans for me. I like him to have at least 4 pairs in addition to his other trousers. I can replace his TCP jeans several times for the cost of the LE ones. I hate to throw away all that denim, but I doubt that $44 jeans will last more than 4x longer than his other ones. Maybe when I can get them on sale... I might also try to double the knees myself with some iron on patches. Thanks for the tip, though.

Quote Originally Posted by 123LuckyMom View Post
    I saw the iron knee cadet pants at LE on sale. They didn't have any colors we needed in his size. Then I saw the iron knee jeans for $44! Honestly, that's too much money for kids jeans for me. I like him to have at least 4 pairs in addition to his other trousers. I can replace his TCP jeans several times for the cost of the LE ones. I hate to throw away all that denim, but I doubt that $44 jeans will last more than 4x longer than his other ones. Maybe when I can get them on sale... I might also try to double the knees myself with some iron on patches. Thanks for the tip, though.
    Yeah, for LE pants I pretty much only buy on sale and/or with code. Codes seem to come out fairly often so if you want to try them, sign up for LE emails or watch the forums here for someone to post. The cargo climbers were one sale so if they have the size you need, you could grab some of those. I have had climbers last six months where ON uniform pants lasted less than one. . . . .

Catherine

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    http://www.landsend.com/ix/boys-clot...ed&pageSize=24

Sizes seem to be limited and I have no idea if this is the last of them or if they will be restocking.

Catherine
    Also limited sizes available in the sale section.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast