minnie-zb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Adderall: we are starting, any tips or suggestions?

We are starting on the lowest dose initially. We plan to start on Monday. It will be taken once per day in the morning. Any suggestions or tips for what we should do? Should we tell the teachers?

We told ds' teacher after the fact and asked if she had noticed a change.

We had loss of appetite as an issue and ds was already skinny so if this is a concern for you, I suggest trying to get a solid breakfast in before dosing.

And watch for mood changes. We discontinued because ds had an increase in angry outbursts and stopped playing outside with his friends because he "just felt sad."

Good luck!
    Catherine

minnie-zb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thank you -- luckily my youngest who is taking it, is pretty good about verbalizing changes so I think she will keep us updated if she's not feeling "right." The doctor also stressed it is important for her to let us know if she notices any changes.

Yeah, I'm kind of thinking like you -- hold off on saying anything and then see if they notice a difference.

Breakfast will be a challenge! Why could I not have had one of those kids that love to eat eggs!

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I actually started on the weekend so I could see for myself if there was any change or reaction. We too ended up stoping cause of angry and crying outbursts. I didn't tell the teachers, we lasted maybe 3 weeks? Good luck.