mommyoftwo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Thank you for the advice

I just want to say thank you again for all the advice. I keep referring to the thread I started because it is so helpful. I have purchased many of the recommended items and keep going back for more of them. Everything you have recommended has been right on the mark.
    Jessica

Mommy to:

Amelia (11/21/03
    Linnea (9/1/05)
    Annaliese (12/21/12)
    Kirsten (12/21/12)

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

gatorsmom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mommyoftwo View Post
    I just want to say thank you again for all the advice. I keep referring to the thread I started because it is so helpful. I have purchased many of the recommended items and keep going back for more of them. Everything you have recommended has been right on the mark.
    How are you doing? Hanging in there? You had your twins 5 weeks ago, right? How are feedings going? Are you getting any help from family or friends? Are you getting any sleep at night? I remember 5 weeks post partum distinctly- it was HARD.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

mommyoftwo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    How are you doing? Hanging in there? You had your twins 5 weeks ago, right? How are feedings going? Are you getting any help from family or friends? Are you getting any sleep at night? I remember 5 weeks post partum distinctly- it was HARD.
    I'm trying to hang in there. Some days are better than others. I've been dealing with repeated bouts of mastitis and blocked ducts and have had thrush since they were a week old. I'm getting very tired of pumping but they are just not getting much when they breastfeed. The lactation consultant thinks we will get there eventually because they seem to enjoy it when we do nurse. We are allowed to try 1-2 times per day but then I have to feed them a bottle when we are done and then pump and it's very time consuming.

The babies will be 7 weeks on Friday. My mom has come several weekends to help out and will be coming this weekend. I have help in the afternoon and my husband was concerned about my lack of sleep so we now have someone who comes two nights a week to take care of the babies. i still have to get up and pump but she does the rest. It's a tricky balance to make sure my chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia don't flare up but I want to be able to do as much as possible in taking care of the babies so I'm having a hard time not feeling like I'm being lazy with the extra help.

Annaliese has devleoped nasty acid reflux and has not gained well in the last week. She is on medication but it doesn't seem to be helping much. If it doesn't get better in a couple of months, we will have to have her scoped so we'll see what happens. Of course if she stops gaining weight we will have to do something before then. We struggled with Linnea having reflux and not gaining weight so I have been through this before but it's not fun.

Otherwise the babies are doing great. They were both weight nicely until this last week when Annaliese tapered off. We've had our days and nights mixed up a bit but honestly so far they are much better about that than our other girls were. I feel overwhelmed when they both are crying at the same time but two nights ago I figured out how to carry them both in a wrap at the same time so I was pretty proud of myself and they both settled down.
    Jessica

Mommy to:

Amelia (11/21/03
    Linnea (9/1/05)
    Annaliese (12/21/12)
    Kirsten (12/21/12)