citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default I just joined a gym for the first time in nearly a decade

The last time I really actively used a gym was 10 years ago, 2003, when I paid for membership. Thinking about that money going down the drain was great motivation! Then we moved to a university setting and I went to exercise classes but rarely used gym equipment. And then - DD1 was born, and all exercise other than post partum yoga went down the drain.

But I am out of shape, would like to strength and tone, lose weight in my hips/thighs/belly (dream on!). Mostly, I want to be healthier and more fit. So now I'm paying again for gym membership and I NEED TO USE IT. Getting fit isn't going to happen sitting on my butt in front of a computer all day.

I am horrified that I signed up on Feb 1, and almost a week later, I haven't even been once. GAH. Is this really happening? I feel like a caricature of a New Year's resolution gym member - and at least those people start the year strong!

I have literally NO time in my day and I'm not sure what to drop off the table in order to make time. I haven't even been able to make my appointments for an orientation for new members! I intend to keep my appointment for Thurs a.m.!

Can I report back here about gym usage to keep myself honest? Anyone else want to do exercise check-ins/report backs with me? Thanks!
    Last edited by citymama; 02-07-2013 at 04:56 AM.

for Sandy Hook