Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

We have a dry house and don't use dryer sheets, but I don't have a huge problem with static for some reason. Maybe it has something to do with me never folding anything straight out of the dryer though.

I just wanted to comment on the idea to not completely dry everything. I read recently about how germy washing machines are. Washing your clothes can actually deposit more germs on them (especially on the next load after washing underwear or kids' clothes). The best way to kill those germs is to dry in the sun, but the next best is to completely dry everything in a hot dryer.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

we hang all our regular clothes. (just dry undies/sockes/towels/sheet). vinegar in the rinse/fabric softener slot. and wool dryer balls. they are super easy to make, just google for directions. we use a dehumidifier most days too. no problems at all with static.

also...just an fyi. if your dh can't tolerate a laundry product, dont use it on ANY loads, in washer or dryer, as the dryer sheets or detergent leave a residue on the machine and can transfer to the next load.

i can't imagine drying all our clothes on hot! seems like everything would shrink and fade. we do line dry when the weather is nice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2