View Poll Results: What is your budget (yearly) for your Kids' clothes? (Per 1 child)

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • I buy 4 seasons of clothes ($50 each season)

1 1.82%
  • I buy 4 seasons of clothes ($100 each season)

2 3.64%
  • I buy 4 seasons of clothes ($200 or more each season)

4 7.27%
  • I buy 2 seasons of clothes ($50 each season) Fall/Winter and Spring/Summer

2 3.64%
  • I buy 2 seasons of clothes ($100 each season) Fall/Winter and Spring/Summer

4 7.27%
  • I buy 2 seasons of clothes ($200 or more each season) Fall/Winter and Spring/Summer

21 38.18%
  • Don't keep track

21 38.18%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    PMJ is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Budget for Kids' wardrobe?

Please include clothes, shoes in your estimate.
    -------------------------
    Thanks for your time!

KrisM is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

I buy 4 seasons and spend about $200 on DD, $125 on DS1 and $75 on DS2. DS2 gets some hand-me-downs from his cousin and DS2 gets them from DS1, although I only keep some things, since it's 5 years until he can wear them.

I buy mostly used.
    Kris

I started a similar thread a couple of years ago and thought you might like to see those responses too.

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sho...ghlight=Budget

(I admit I was surprised at how much better some people are at clothing their kids on less money than I spend.)

Catherine

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I voted incorrectly - I selected I don't keep track, when I meant to select "I buy for 2 seasons and spend $200+ per kid." I do keep track but I try not to add it all up. I buy for 2 seasons, but mostly for Fall type weather. I probably spend a lot more for Fall clothing than for spring and a lot more for DD1 than for DD2 who has her sister's hand me downs, so I'm not sure it's actually $200+ per season per kid, but it definitely is for DD1. We don't need winter wear and we don't need full on summer gear other than swim.

for Sandy Hook

I buy one season and don't keep track. I only buy clothes when needed, for a specific occasion, or if its a good sale. The kids wear their clothes until its outgrown due to our lack of seasons. I do spend about $100 each year on DS's school uniform which I dislike but can't get around. DD has inherited my love if shoes and I do tend to indulge her in that regard. And DS needs athletic shoes for school 3-4 times a year because they always wear out and at his age shoes are crazy expensive!
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

blisstwins is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I buy for 4 seasons and probably spend $500+ on my daughter and $250 on my son. I totally indulge my daughter, but she LOVES dresses and boots and exclaims "Oh, mommy" when she gets a new outfit....I am not into clothes or fashion for myself and strangely I get a huge kick out of seeing her enjoy a special dress or whatever. My son wears a polo shirt to look nice, and a lot of Naartjie essentials so straightforward and reasonable. The both also have uniforms and those cost me at least $200 a year each, though we finally started a used uniform sale at school that is decreasing those costs.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I would say that I only really buy for 2 seasons, hotter and cooler and then just layer as necessary. I also don't really keep track. Younger DD wears almost exclusively hand me downs from older DD with an occasional new pair of shoes. Older DD wears her clothes for years now but then will have a growth spurt and need 4-6 new pair of pants all at once. But we buy most of her clothes at Target/Kohls/Penney's, so I just look for an in season sale or deal.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I actually have no idea how much I spend. Both grandmothers give us a lot of clothes so I just kind of fill in from there. Some seasons/years, there is more to fill in and sometimes not much at all. I tend to be the one who buys the basics (plain socks, underwear, pjs, plain colored pants, boots, sneakers) and the grandmas buy most of the outfits.

I don't keep track but I'm sure it's 200+ for fall/winter and spring/summer so that's what I voted. Winter coat, boots, gloves, and hats can easy cost $100/child and then add in all the other stuff.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

I shudder to think what I spend on DDs wardrobe--she has A LOT of clothes. I do shop mainly sales supplementing with second hand. Also it's complicated to keep track of because I buy ahead and sometimes resell totally unused things which I feel should be subtracted back out. Dressing her is one of my bigger splurges but I enjoy it so I try not to worry about the total cost.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast