Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxlee View Post
    Is this a good model and good price?? I have been thinking about getting one just don't know all the differences
    They are all basically the same in term of power, warranty and functionality. There is a model that has more options in terms of pulse & settings, but, it doesn't do anything you can't do with this one. It costs hundreds more at William Sonoma, or a similar price to this at costco. Both in fewer colors than this deal and without the dry container.

If you're thinking about it, I'd jump on this deal.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

I have been wanting one of these forever! The great price plus the turquoise pushed me over the edge. I ordered one even though it said the turquoise was out of stock. I'm on the waitlist - I'll post if I get a notice when and if it ships.
    Michelle
    Mom to Quinn and Willa

karstmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

i jumped, too, for the cobalt. thanks so much, op, for the heads up! i just hope ds is willing to try some smoothies. he really needs to gain some weight back, he's so skinny after his surgery.
    mama to j karst, former 25 weeker, 12/06

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I am so tempted by the turquoise one (even though it is waitlisted--if it happens then it is meant to be) but our Waring Bar Blender works fine (although) it does start to stink if I put too much ice in it, and to use the high speed to make it crush the ice really well. So asked DH and he said to wait, but then he says if you really want it get it (but it is definitely not a neccisity). Has QVC had this great of a deal before? If you say no then I might just pull the plug with the 5 mos. of easy pay.

Oh I did notice that when I put it in my cart the price for the wait listed item was $429 (or $85 a month) to cover the $30 in sales tax (taxing CA's base rate, 7.75) Just an FYI there.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 02-17-2013 at 04:54 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Has anyone ever ordered an item on QVC that was waitlisted and did in fact receive the item? I am wondering if I should edit my order and choose a different color. If I get an email in 45 days saying that the turquoise is OOS and won't be back in I'm wondering if they will allow me to choose another color. Not sure about their customer service - never ordered from QVC before.
    Michelle
    Mom to Quinn and Willa

chiisai is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

ok... so, of course I have to google... I found that Costco has a Blendtec total blender with fourside and wildside containers for $399.

Reviews are basically that vitamix owners like that over blendtec, and blendtec owners like that over vitamis, with a both having a few "like the other better" reviews.

I like that it seems easier to get everything out of the blendtec. I'm not sure if we'd use the dry canister on the vitamix. I've read smoothies are super smooth on the vitamix, maybe more so than the blendtec.

Re: the 2 speeds on this vitamix, what are the limitations of it vs. variable? Or, what does variable make easier, for example?
    Deal-hunting mom to a 2006 and a 2010

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by chiisai View Post
    ok... so, of course I have to google... I found that Costco has a Blendtec total blender with fourside and wildside containers for $399.

Reviews are basically that vitamix owners like that over blendtec, and blendtec owners like that over vitamis, with a both having a few "like the other better" reviews.

I like that it seems easier to get everything out of the blendtec. I'm not sure if we'd use the dry canister on the vitamix. I've read smoothies are super smooth on the vitamix, maybe more so than the blendtec.

Re: the 2 speeds on this vitamix, what are the limitations of it vs. variable? Or, what does variable make easier, for example?
    Does the Blendtec clean as easy as the Vitamix? The cleaning is a big deterrent to the use of my current blender.

oneontheway is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    Oneontheway- I got the 6300 from Costco as well, and I too have been amazed as to how my kids eat anything that come out of it, even if it has veggies. We are traveling now (was staying at ils this weekend ) and this morning there kids asked where their smoothie was, lol!

The ease of cleaning make it worth it alone..I will sometimes use it 3x a day and cleaning is not an issue at all. So not the same with my old blender.

Sorry for typos... on my phone in the car!
    Today, I made an am smoothie (twice because I needed more) and two pm smoothies because DD and DS wanted different ones. The clean up was unbelievable. So easy. This was a PIA with my other blender.

I also really like the fact that the 6300 has a pulse button for bruschetta and other items you don't want blended up. I got the platinum since it fits in nice with the stainless steel.
    Last edited by oneontheway; 02-17-2013 at 06:44 PM.
    DS 2005
    DD 2007
    DS 2010
    and a Junebug in 2013

wifecat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Does the Blendtec clean as easy as the Vitamix? The cleaning is a big deterrent to the use of my current blender.
    We just got a Blendtec this week and it cleans really easily. Same method of squirting dish soap and hot water and then turning on the machine. If I use a lot of flaxseed or something I need to wipe it out, but it's super simple. Our old blender was terrible to clean (and couldn't crush ice). Our smoothies are really smooth - I tried the vitamix smoothies at a Costco demo and was very impressed with the texture, but I think my Blendtec does it just as well. And, umm, the frozen daiquiris it can make are freaking a-ma-zing. Hehehehe.
    Mama to miracles, dd (3/09), ds (12/10), dd (8/14)

chiisai is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wifecat View Post
    We just got a Blendtec this week and it cleans really easily. Same method of squirting dish soap and hot water and then turning on the machine. If I use a lot of flaxseed or something I need to wipe it out, but it's super simple. Our old blender was terrible to clean (and couldn't crush ice). Our smoothies are really smooth - I tried the vitamix smoothies at a Costco demo and was very impressed with the texture, but I think my Blendtec does it just as well. And, umm, the frozen daiquiris it can make are freaking a-ma-zing. Hehehehe.
    Thanks for this! From the demo, did you see that there was anything the vitamix was doing that might be better than the blendtec? I think I'm leaning toward the blendtec, with the deals I can find right now.
    Deal-hunting mom to a 2006 and a 2010

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast