Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    Like teresah00, I think larger volume container would actually work better for us instead of the one that I originally wanted - to fit under the counter. If we can get motivated, we're heading to Costco to pick up the $375 one today.
    yeah, i initially wanted the 48 oz cup after seeing how tall the 64 oz one was. Though i'm starting to double some of the smoothie recipes, given how much my kids and DH just gobble them up,. and so 64 oz seems better especially for the long run. Plus, as DH pointed out the other day, the container spends most of its time in the drying rack when not in use anyway (we use it few times a day) so the idea of fitting under the cabinets is not a huge deal really.

kellij is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Does anyone know what the entire height is for the 64oz container on the vitamix? I want to see if it will fit.

Never mind, found it online.

I wish I had a costco near me!!! Should have jumped on that deal yesterday. Hopefully another one will turn up.
    Does costco have these deals online?

oneontheway is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kellij View Post
    I have two beyond picky eaters. What are you putting in?
    We've changed it up a little but this morning we did frozen strawberries and bananas (that I put in the freezer yesterday) fresh pineapple, an orange, sliver of lime with skin, plain greek yogurt, a couple handfuls of spinach, a few ice cubes. I had to make it twice and they still wanted more. Normally they wouldn't eat anything but the strawberries so its a big change for all of us.
    DS 2005
    DD 2007
    DS 2010
    and a Junebug in 2013

oneontheway is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

LOL about the FSA deduction. I agree, so true. Both my kids love to help me put the ingredients in. they will happily add spinach leaves in there, and add apple in there (with skin, which they both refuse to eat), blend it goes, and they love them.

And yeah the vitamix guy mkentioned the 6300 is good for once your kids are old enough to make their own smoothies, the preprogrammed settings are useful.

as for to-go-cups, i recently ordered a few Tervis tumblers for us and the kids (i got 10oz for kids and 16 oz for me and DH). haven't gotten a chance to use them that much but they seem pretty good for keeping things cold. someone just posted about BB&B having lots of Tervis on clearance so you may want to check that out.[/QUOTE]

Oops erased the quote thingy...

I'll have to check out the cups, thanks!
    DS 2005
    DD 2007
    DS 2010
    and a Junebug in 2013

FedBaby is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kellij View Post
    Where did you find the online specials? ... I ordered from qvc, but now I'm kind of thinking I should cancel and get a 64oz container.
    Sorry, thought I put the link in there for the QVC Specials...

Go to http://www.qvc.com/Kitchen-Electrics...refine=1186630 and then click on "Blenders" on the left under "Category" and you'll see everything. You can further select brands on the left as well, although I had to "Choose More Brands" to see both Vitamix and Blendtec.

(The costco prices were from the previous person's post.)

Mermanaid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

BBB is soooo bad for my pocketbook. I have successfully avoided purchasing one of these because I rarely use my blender or even the magic bullet I just had to have. But that doesn't make the longing subside!
    Jenn

My loves:
    DD 11/2004
    DS 6/2007

Thanks for the post OP and to others for enabling. I ordered it, thinking that the smaller size will be great for our smaller kitchen. I do not think I will ever use the dry blender function, since we aren't eating wheat or oat so I need to find a way to use it. I figured if I cannot find some good non-berry smoothies (they make us all itchy though there is nothing so delicious as strawberries!) I should at least recover the cost with a couple years of coconut milk ice-cream making.

I hope my kids can get into it. I am pretty excited though a little sick at how much money I spent. Still, thanks for the heads up on the deal!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5