Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

My youngest is 3.5 yrs old. He dropped his nap about two wks ago and it's been torture. He sleeps about 10-11 hrs at night. I wake him up close to midnight before I go to bed to get him to pee (keeps him dry).
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS2 is 3.5 yrs old and sleeps 10.5 to 11.5 hours at night and still takes a 1.5 to 3 hour nap during the day. Lots of times I have to wake him up from his nap to go pick up DS1 from school. I try not to wake him till he's slept at least 1.5 hours though.

On the weekends he usually doesn't take a nap since we're usually out doing stuff.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Pinky is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Our DD (almost 3) sleeps from around 7-6 and takes a 2 hour nap. She used to sleep closer to 13 hours at night but has recently started waking up much earlier. I guess the time change will be good for us in that sense.

Quote Originally Posted by theriviera View Post
    DD sleeps ~11 hours at night. Usually 7 PM - 6 PM. She dropped her nap, totally out of the blue, at 3 years, 5 months. Like she went from napping 2 hours every day to no naps. It sucked.
    I bet that was a tough transition for mom! I've been hoping if DD drops hers it will just gradually shorten rather than disappearing all at once.
    DD Spring 2010

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I am going to stop reading the other responses, because I am becoming jealous, lol. Ds1 is 3y 8m and hours to sleep around 8 and is up between 530 and 6 on the days he naps (roughly 2 hour nap). the days he doesn't nap, he will crash at 7 and sleep until 6ish. He used to sleep so much more than this even just a year ago (13+ hours at night and 3 hour naps), it was a really tough adjustment.
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy_Mea View Post
    I am going to stop reading the other responses, because I am becoming jealous, lol. Ds1 is 3y 8m and hours to sleep around 8 and is up between 530 and 6 on the days he naps (roughly 2 hour nap). the days he doesn't nap, he will crash at 7 and sleep until 6ish. He used to sleep so much more than this even just a year ago (13+ hours at night and 3 hour naps), it was a really tough adjustment.
    Lol, at least you got three hr naps at one pt. My guy wakes up between 5-6 am everyday regardless of when he went to bed. He dropped his 1.5 hr nap and now that sleep time is just gone. It's not like he sleeps in longer to make up for it. So, you're def not alone!
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

DD1 is 3.75 and sleeps about 10 hours at night (bedtime is 7:30 but she stays awake until 9) and two hour nap, or 11 hours at night if I let her skip her nap. Frankly, she does fine now when she skips her nap, and I prefer her falling asleep at 8 rather than 9. But I need the break after lunch to homeschool DS, and she won't just do quiet time in her room--she just climbs in bed and falls asleep.

DS had totally dropped his nap by this age, and he was sleeping 8-6. So I guess he was only getting 10 hours total at 3/4.
    Sharing advice/encouragement for homeschoolers at Homeschooling for Normal People

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2