Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Snow bib or snow pants for playing outside?

Which is the appropriate choice for a 5 year old for playing in snow? I'm thinking something to wear during outside time at school or for running around outside. We don't ski but might try to get DD some snowshoes.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

For everything but sledding and skiing I like pants- especially when it comes to school where getting them on/off quickly is important.

So do we need both if we're hoping to do some winters activities? (I had completely forgotten sledding!)
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

We use snow pants for all snow related activities. They have parkas and haven't complained about snow coming under their parkas while sledding.

almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have used both, and I honestly don't really have a preference. But this year DD has the bibs and they have been awesome - they really keep her upper body warm without tons of layers. She uses them at school and to sled and ski. DS has snow pants, but he gets hot and doesn't mind if he gets some snow on his back or down his pants! I think if you have a kid that is sensitive and could complain easily, the bibs might be better. But both work fine.
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

iaam is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I prefer bibs for DC (5 and 3). They keep them warm and we don't run the risk of any snow (or cold air) getting in while they are playing. Ours have clasps on the top that are very easy to open/close, so taking them off is very easy (even if you are only taking off that one layer, if that makes sense).

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We use bibs. Less chance of snow sneaking in.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

We've used both and have been completely satisfied with both. I buy whichever is on sale .

Frankly, Snow mom, this seems like the kind of question that WE should be asking YOU!
    Green Tea, mom to three

If you have a really skinny kid, bibs are the only way to go. Snow pants just wouldn't stay up; found this out the hard way.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

My boys still use bibs, which they use mostly for sledding and skating.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast