Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Wait, you guys wash your suits in the washing machine every time? Doesn't that stretch them out? I only wash if there's some need to (after weekend at beach or a trip).
    No, I rarely wash a swim suit in the washer, and that is usually after the beach only.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Why is the suit spinner so bad? I love that thing.
    Becky
    Delighted Mommy to the little Jackpot 7/08, sweet baby K 5/11 and baby 3 due Christmas 2012.

DD2 has used her Hanna tankini for two years it's in perfect shape! No snags, worn elastic, nada...i rec it all the time to people! She has outgrown it, so back for more. I had snagged it on sale for $6!

I also love anything Roxy. They last and O'neil...Roxy tends to cut their tops tiny but dd always uses a rashguard. DD1 always used Roxy or back then Limited Too (now Justice-ick).

We spend a ton of time in the water and The above have served us well for many years.

I use a brand of rash guard I can only find at Sport Chalet...50+ protection. Love them!
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Wait, you guys wash your suits in the washing machine every time? Doesn't that stretch them out? I only wash if there's some need to (after weekend at beach or a trip).
    I hand-wash in the sink with either hand soap or body wash.

Ideally, our suits only get the machine for the first wash (I always wash before wearing, especially with swimwear & underwear) and if there's a need - poo, blood, sunscreen, etc.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by boolady View Post
    We've done well with Speedo suits from Costco. Rinse and hang to dry.
    Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post
    Us too.
    We also just buy a few and rotate them.
    Same here...we buy either the rash guard sets or speedo suits from Costco. We buy a couple and rotate them. Our last rash guard set lasted 2 seasons (though I have to sunscreen their bellies since the tops are too short LOL). This year we bought new Speedos. Plus they are so well-priced at Costco that I don't mind buying new each season (we almost kind of have to since the girls will nearly outgrow a swimsuit in a year).

Oh, and agree that the Speedo suits run a bit short. My girls weigh the same, but DD1 is 2 inches shorter than DD2. I bought according to the size chart since both were in the range of heights for size 4, and ended up having to exchange DD1's suit for the next size up. So - if your kids are at the top of the range for a size (go by the height - I don't think the weights are as accurate), go ahead and size up.

Rinsing well and hanging to dry goes a long way!
    Last edited by twowhat?; 02-22-2013 at 03:06 PM.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Nooknookmom View Post
    I use a brand of rash guard I can only find at Sport Chalet...50+ protection. Love them!
    What brand is that?
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My daughter swims 4 times a week. Her Speedo suits have stretched out after a few months. The best suit she has is a TYR Durafast that I found at Marshall's for $24. They are usually very expensive so I was happy to find it there. It's a very durable suit. FYI, it was in the women's section, not the girls.

DD swims 3 days/week year round, and we have also loved our Tyr durafast swimsuits. We have 3 and rotate them. No significant stretching or fading after almost 1 year. We get them from swimoutlet.com. They have the best overall deals on youth sizes in their clearance section.

mom to one girl, 9.5 years old
    and one boy, 5 years old

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    What brand is that?
    Sorry didn't see this...I'll go home and look. We have two, i buy big and this on is on year two. They are AWESOME. I find them in the kids section kinda off to the side -but I cannot remember the darn name!

I'll post as soon as I get home..
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have done well by garnet hill, we are on 18months of multiple wears per week.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast