Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Anybody seen the Nuroo Pocket Shirt???

Was looking through the BRU flier today, and both DS and I did a double take when we saw this thing.....

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=19071266

I think it would be pretty strange to walk around like this. I get baby wearing etc....but how practical is this...and if she's supposed to be nursing, I know if I went without a bra and nursing pads I was a leaky mess....

I do like that BRU offers "buyer protection" for 9.99 for a year, maybe it covers if the baby falls out!

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

This was all over the news recently when Rosie O'Donnell tweeted a pic of herself wearing it with her new baby.

I don't think it's something I would wear. I wonder if it's easier than a wrap or carrier?
    DD 9/10
    DS 8/12

I think it's kind of cool! The baby is in the pocket, so she can't really slip out it seems.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

MamaInMarch is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I kind of think it's genius! I never did leak after the first few days with my first child and not at all with my second but bras were not my friend when I was trying to get the hang of it all. This looks nifty.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I was overheated for the first 6 months with each DC and there is no way in heck I'd be able to have that much skin on skin contact. I loved holding both DC and did snuggle skin to skin but not to walk around....goes to show you to each his own....

That's cool. I'm sure you'd get a lot of looks from people wonder how you did that.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I think it's an absolutely fantastic idea for skin-to-skin, especially for preemies. I did wear the moby some with nothing under but a nursing bra, but this would work better. I think this would be so cool also for adoptive moms of newborns who want to get that great skin-to-skin bonding but don't need to lie in bed and recover for the first few days and still have other kids to take care of, etc.

OMG, this would have been a dream (says the mom of a preemie.) Kangaroo care (skin to skin) is so beneficial for them, but it was only something we could do in a private setting. Not sure how comfortable I would have been walking around in public without a bra, but it's a fabulous idea.
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine873 View Post
    OMG, this would have been a dream (says the mom of a preemie.) Kangaroo care (skin to skin) is so beneficial for them, but it was only something we could do in a private setting. Not sure how comfortable I would have been walking around in public without a bra, but it's a fabulous idea.

I would have been all over this.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

What a great product! I agree, the skin to skin, kangaroo care benefits would be great! I wore a black cami tank top with my black moby and ppl thought I was wearing DS2 in my shirt, lol. I see this as a moby shirt.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast