hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default DH you really made me mad

I walked into the room today and DH was letting the boys watch the 3 Stooges from way back. DS2 (5) today hit me, kicked me and slapped my face. The 3 stooges just DOES NOT WORK FOR ME for DS2 to watch (DS1 it is fine). I asked DH to turn it off and said I didn't approve. DH just didn't respond. WTF? I was SOOOOO mad.

DS2 has something like adhd or sensor or both issues going on. For sure he has issues with impulse control

Ok that is all.

Feel free to tell me this is not a reasonable reaction on my part. I am calmer now.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

if i had a child that was likely to copy those behaviors, i would expect that to be OBVIOUS to my husband too sorry. did you ask him about why he thought it was appropriate? i would if you haven't.... since you are calmer now. would it be better if he was just oblivious? i'm not sure.

ugh. *hugs*

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Make a v shape with two fingers and go poke DH in the eyes. A Stooges fan worth his salt will be able to deflect it.

I'm so sorry about your aggressive little dude. It is exhausting to be in a constant battle with your kids. I hope DH wakes up and becomes more supportive. And like the PP I can totally see my DH not making the connection, either. If he were a Super Hero he'd be Oblivious Man.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Hugs to you. That would really upset me too. I spend so much time telling Boo we don't hit, use gentle hands, and when DH gets impatient he gives the boys a little swat and it completely undermines my efforts to show him WE DON'T HIT.

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Argh! So frustrating. DH has been stuck in that cycle lately (I get in it every once in a while) where certain behaviors from the kids are irritating him more than they should. Probably because they are the ones he is doing himself out of frustration.

barkley1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Ugh...the "no response" is so typical of DH...I know how maddening htat can be on top of the issue!!
    DC ~ 9
    DC ~ 7

I would be livid. I am so sorry you have been going through a lot lately. You seem like such a great lady and a devoted mom. It would be nice for your DH to take note of it and not do thing that undermind you. I hope things get better for you soon. (And yes, I understand the feeling of wanting to run away and it always peaks when people are sick.)

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

thanks all. we talked last night after he put the kids to bed. He apologied. I told him the thing that bugged me the most was no response. He said he got that. At least it is over. DS2 had a better day today. I am a better/happier mom today
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

MamaInMarch is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Glad you are feeling better. I, too, have a very physical son and while he is not trying to hurt, he is SO rough. And I spend most of my days reminding him to be gentle, no hitting, etc. And DH and I have had some pretty heated exchanges about the exact. same. show.

I have to say the idea of using some stooges tricks to give him a jab and a whack sound pretty appealing sometimes...