Philly Mom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Stomach virus or food poisoning or food sensitivity

I made salmon last night for dinner. I sometimes have a food sensitivity to cooked salmon but it has not been an issue for a while. Going to bed last night, my stomach was making lots of noises. I ended up being sick all night in every way possible including having a fever, chills, sweats, and everything coming out both ends (sorry for the tmi). DH thinks it is food sensitivity and I think food poisoning or virus. Thankfully DH took DD to the zoo so I can rest this morning but I don't want to go near DD if it could be a virus. TIA

rin is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Are the symptoms you're having similar to what you've had in the past when you'd reacted to cooked salmon? If not, I would guess either food poisoning or virus; if everyone else in the family ate the salmon and you're the only one reacting then my guess would be something viral.

Incidentally, have you had any reason to think it might be a reaction to red dye in salmon? Farmed salmon is dyed to get it to be pink (wild is naturally pink/red); maybe you're reacting to that?

Philly Mom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by rin View Post
    Are the symptoms you're having similar to what you've had in the past when you'd reacted to cooked salmon? If not, I would guess either food poisoning or virus; if everyone else in the family ate the salmon and you're the only one reacting then my guess would be something viral.

Incidentally, have you had any reason to think it might be a reaction to red dye in salmon? Farmed salmon is dyed to get it to be pink (wild is naturally pink/red); maybe you're reacting to that?
    I was the only one who ate the salmon which is what makes this difficult. In the past, after eating salmon it will go right through me and that's it. This has been much more severe. It was farm raised non organic salmon. Maybe it was the dye? Thanks!