Default would you let your infant sleep in this?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Fisher-Pri...ocker/12338148

We have one of these, and I'm afraid that DD (8 weeks) has been doing a lot of sleeping in it the past week. It started when she was congested and she seems so much happier there than in her crib. Does it seem safe enough/reclined enough for night time sleeping? Would a Rock'n play be a better option?

Count me amongst those at their wits end, during the day we have 45 minute naps and then by 5:30 total meltdown/over tired situation that lasts until 9, brakes out of her swaddle, etc. She'll sleep for hours in the rocker, but sometimes I wonder about the position of her neck.(I was the mom who bought the bassinet for the stroller rather than do the car seat adapter with DS) Last night I put her in a woombie and while she hated it she conked out pretty quickly. White noise machine is going full blast. I'm going to put a flannel sheet on her crib, and really watch how long she's up before she goes back down, but I was also thinking about biting the bullet on a RnP and wondered how different it was from what we had. TIA, as always...
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

We have both. RNP is more inclined and higher up, I think it's good to have both b/c their head can be positioned differently between the two. I like the RNP for being higher off the floor from DS1 and our dogs, too. Our 4 mo. old has never slept in the chair thing and he wakes up if we try to set him in it. He does sleep in the RNP pretty well.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

My youngest slept in something similiar for months due to colic and reflux.
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My oldest did almost all of his daytime sleep in that or a swing until he was about 4 months old. He was a good crib sleeper, so can't say anything WRT night time sleep. Although, at 8 weeks, I usually say whatever works.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012