Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Summer camps...

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Summer camps...

It's February, I don't even want to think about the summer, but I have to make plans now. Really hard to do so when you have no idea what you'll be doing!!
    Last edited by niccig; 02-24-2013 at 04:40 PM.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

It's crazy, isn't it? My kids are signed up for a week in July already. I got a $35/kid discount by Feb 7, so we did it.
    Kris

It is crazy. There is a very in demand camp that was SOLD OUT before February 1!!

I signed DD up for a Kindergarten camp the day registration opened because I remember being put on a waiting list for DS and I thought I was doing well trying to signing him up in March for August.
    Debbie

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Yup, we've having a summer camp info night in our town this week. I understand why the places want to be filled up a few months in advance for staffing and planning purposes. But it is really hard to picture shorts and swimsuits today.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

M just finalized his application for a summer camp at the local university. Crazy!
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

It is crazy. I've been on the computer for ages.

* DS is in for 2 weeks at end of summer so I can go to classes (have to put application in this week, but should be able to get it)
    * booked flights for DS and I to visit my parents - got miles flights so saved $4K
    * DH confirming with work for vacation dates so can go visit his parents, so that's pencilled in.
    * Pencilled in calendar for 2 other 1 week camps DS wants to do and so far work with our schedule but can't book yet.
    * still need to put swim lessons in there, but his teacher hasn't released her calendar yet.
    * I have to do an online stats class and work as well in all of these weeks -but that's from home, so should be able to make it work.

Phew...I'm tired..but summer is mostly planned.
    Last edited by niccig; 02-24-2013 at 07:09 PM.

sste is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Had to register last month over here! And we are in a lottery for ecology camp and won't know for a month if we can grace that camp with our presence!

It is crazy . . .

Good luck OP! It is very hard to coordinate when everyone in the family is going in dif. directions/schedules.

ETA: We try to "standardize" as much as possible though that is very hard as a student since your schedule is constantly shifting. This summer we are trying a model of beach vacation and family visits for the first four weeks of the summer (my schedule is very flexible in the summer) and then second half of the summer is going to be camp. If that works we may just make it a regular thing.
    Last edited by sste; 02-24-2013 at 07:19 PM.
    ds 2007
    dd 2010
    baby dd 2014

Quote Originally Posted by sste View Post
    Had to register last month over here! And we are in a lottery for ecology camp and won't know for a month if we can grace that camp with our presence!

It is crazy . . .

Good luck OP! It is very hard to coordinate when everyone in the family is going in dif. directions/schedules.
    It's very crazy. Thankfully DH's family gets it and MIL is flexible. I moved the trip to my family, so we can see MIL for a time she really wants. If we couldn't make it, she would be OK with that, but as she's flexible, I'll try accomodate her more than my family that are a PITA to schedule with.

It means I probably won't see one sister in Australia, but she doesn't even know if she's going, and I can't wait to book or I'll lose out on flight using miles. So I booked what works for me.

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I just wish summer camp wasn't so darn expensive. Some of the specialized camps are over $500 for a week ... and that's just a day camp.... not like they are sleeping over and they have to provide 3 meals a day ... I even have to pack a lunch!

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Tondi G View Post
    I just wish summer camp wasn't so darn expensive. Some of the specialized camps are over $500 for a week ... and that's just a day camp.... not like they are sleeping over and they have to provide 3 meals a day ... I even have to pack a lunch!
    Just think of it as $100 per day for full-time kid watching and entertainment / enrichment. That makes it slightly easier to bear....
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast