Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Kinderpack: Which Size?

DD is 18.5 months. She is 25 lbs and about 32 inches. Up until now, we have used a Cybex 2 go. We don't use it often but do use it when we travel especially in the airport. I do back carries. I think she is outgrowing it and we are headed to Florida at the end of March. I am not sure what size Kinderpack we would need. Here is the issue (if there is one), DH does not like to spend money. I have not been able to convince him to get a travel stroller (we have a Bee at home and a BJCM that we leave in the UK with my ILs). I really wanted to order the snap when the price was low. So with that in mind, it will be difficult to convince DH to buy a new Kinderpack so I need to make sure it will fit and work. Any advice is appreciated. TIA

Are there any babywearing groups near you where you could try it and other carriers out in person? I think that's the only way to really make sure it will fit and work for you. Ours lets you borrow the carriers for two weeks so you can really know that you've made the right choice. There are some websites that let you rent carriers too, but not any with Kinderpacks as far as I know. But maybe you could rent a toddler Tula and see if that would work? I know Paxbaby rents them.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I second the "try to find a group & try one out" thought.

I have an almost-3-year-old in a Toddler size & it's actually a bit big on her (she's about 37" tall and 33lbs) ... and I only ordered ours because I had tried a Toddler size with the babywearing group & found it to be suitable for my daughter & our needs.

The local groups are usually listed in the "Local" section of TheBabywearer website - I know mine is, but depending on where in the Philly 'burbs you are, it might be too much of a hike ... and you'd likely have to take a day off work to come to a meeting, as they meet on Monday mornings. I don't know that they have a KP of any size in the lending library at present, but one of the co-leaders has one that you could at least try on, though she wouldn't necessarily lend it to you.

Alternately, I found this listing on OnyaBaby:

http://onyababy.com/blog/2012/06/fin...wearing-group/
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    Are there any babywearing groups near you where you could try it and other carriers out in person? I think that's the only way to really make sure it will fit and work for you. Ours lets you borrow the carriers for two weeks so you can really know that you've made the right choice. There are some websites that let you rent carriers too, but not any with Kinderpacks as far as I know. But maybe you could rent a toddler Tula and see if that would work? I know Paxbaby rents them.
    I signed into Babywearer.com and I can't figure out how to find out where there are baby wearing groups. Any suggestions?

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Mom View Post
    I signed into Babywearer.com and I can't figure out how to find out where there are baby wearing groups. Any suggestions?
    Go to the LOCAL section and drill down from there - it should be grouped by country, region, state & city.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

luli13 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Philly Mom, if you haven't already found one, we have a Chester/Delco group that meets at 2 different locations. PM me if you want more info or checkout our Facebook page it you are on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by luli13 View Post
    Philly Mom, if you haven't already found one, we have a Chester/Delco group that meets at 2 different locations. PM me if you want more info or checkout our Facebook page it you are on Facebook
    Thank you! I never did find one nearby. I have gone back and forth on whether we would use it. If we ever have a second kid, though, I am going to check out your group for a carrier for a newborn. I have a bad back so not sure what will work other than the ssc we already have.