Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    the most shocking/disgusting thing is she thinks she's doing a GOOD thing.

I'm just speechless. I cant believe none of her close friends has clued her in as to how obnoxious that is.
    The thing about facebook is that it seems to be perpetuate this kind of stupid behavior. I wouldn't be surprised if the horrendous post described by the OP has some likes and then comments like:

"Your kids are the best!"
    "It's because his Mommy is so great!"
    "Keep up the good work!"
    Etc.

Maybe I'm being too cynical. That is horrifying.

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Her lack of empathy and insight is astounding. Does she not remember that you are friends with her on Facebook? I am so aware of not saying anything about other people's kids that could be at all negative, especially on Facebook. And for her to congratulate her son on finally treating a human being the way he should be treated all along? Ugh.

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That is horrible! Wow. I would have a hard time not replying. Does she realize that you are her FB friend? Just wow.

I think there are a lot of benefits to FB and blogging but stuff like this really makes you wonder if it's giving people a different sense of precious self-importance that is soo unhealthy.

sste is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Gena, I do not know how you keep your cool. I would just combust!

As much as I absolutely think she needs to hear what you (as always) said so eloquently . . . I would be a little fearful of retaliation against your DS via her son. I would not normally worry about that, but this is NOT a normal woman and not a normal situation.

Are the aftercare teachers skilled/motivated enough that you could ask them to just keep on repeating to that little boy some of the catch phrases you wrote - - all kids are special, we are ALL here to learn from each other, etc? That little boy needs some counter-messages. For his own good.
    ds 2007
    dd 2010
    baby dd 2014

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Wow....I can't think of anything else to say. Just wow
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

That is awful, I am so sorry.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6