Default Tsukihoshi for feet that are not wide?

I loved Tsukihoshi shoes for ds, but he had wide feet. Dd does not. I am looking for sneakers for her and wonder if Tsukihoshi's would work? I don't want to take her to the store and try them on because I am looking for shoes for the Easter bunny to bring.

Thanks for any feedback!
    Catherine

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My DD has these: http://www.zappos.com/tsukihoshi-kid...vender-fuchsia.

Not in that color and I didn't pay that much but she loves them. She also has the Mary Jane style she wore last summer. Her feet are average, I thought they were wide but the StrideRite salesman said they weren't.
    DD 9/10
    DS 8/12

Quote Originally Posted by KLD313 View Post
    My DD has these: http://www.zappos.com/tsukihoshi-kid...vender-fuchsia.

Not in that color and I didn't pay that much but she loves them. She also has the Mary Jane style she wore last summer. Her feet are average, I thought they were wide but the StrideRite salesman said they weren't.
    Thanks! That's the style I had in mind because they were so easy for ds to put on by himself.

Catherine

Have you tried Geox? I found that on DD's skinny feet they work well and they hold up (for us) way better. The stitching on the tsukioshi's seem to come unraveled (we have had two pair). That said I may give them one more try...I like the washability factor IF hey won't fall apart!)
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

We had mixed results with Geox quality for ds--certain styles lasted really well, others did not. I actually returned a pair to Nordstrom because the Velcro strap broke off the shoe entirely after less than two months of use. After that I quit buying them.

I really liked the sewn down tongue in Tsukihoshis because it made it so much easier for ds to get his shoes on by himself. I never had any issues with Tsukihoshi quality, though it has been a few years so things could have changed. I am just not sure on the fit because ds did have wide feet and, for example, See Kai Runs fit him well, but the pair I got for dd were pretty wide on her.

Catherine

I have bought both the euro and the maryjane style for my dd in almost every size. She does not have wide feet at all and they have worked well. Maybe can't size up in length, but I don't think they run nearly as wide as SKR.

Quote Originally Posted by lauren3110 View Post
    I have bought both the euro and the maryjane style for my dd in almost every size. She does not have wide feet at all and they have worked well. Maybe can't size up in length, but I don't think they run nearly as wide as SKR.
    Thanks!

Catherine

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    We had mixed results with Geox quality for ds--certain styles lasted really well, others did not. I actually returned a pair to Nordstrom because the Velcro strap broke off the shoe entirely after less than two months of use. After that I quit buying them.

I really liked the sewn down tongue in Tsukihoshis because it made it so much easier for ds to get his shoes on by himself. I never had any issues with Tsukihoshi quality, though it has been a few years so things could have changed. I am just not sure on the fit because ds did have wide feet and, for example, See Kai Runs fit him well, but the pair I got for dd were pretty wide on her.

Catherine
    Wow sorry bout the bum pair. DD usually gets a yr and a half out of a pair. Maybe like all other brands they have lowered their quality
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2